Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Freddie Roach is trying to bait Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else think Freddie Roach is trying to bait Floyd?

When he says his legs are gone he is playing mind games, because I believe Floyd has a better chance fighting the way he did against Mosley. Roach is playing it very smart, basicly baiting Floyd to use his legs against Pacquiao, when in my honest opinion Floyd should not fight Pacquiao the way he fought Baldomir.

Stay in pocket...

Originally posted by Parody View Post
    When he says his legs are gone he is playing mind games, because I believe Floyd has a better chance fighting the way he did against Mosley. Roach is playing it very smart, basicly baiting Floyd to use his legs against Pacquiao, when in my honest opinion Floyd should not fight Pacquiao the way he fought Baldomir.

Stay in pocket...
    I just said that in another thread. Mayweather will absolutely stay in the pocket. He'll use the jab on the outside but come forward. If he is unable to back Pacquiao up, he's in for a long night. Floyd will have to work the body and he's not going to be able to do that from a distance. This is such a great matchup. Would be a shame if the world didn't witness this.

Comment

I'm not sure but you could be right. Whatever works I guess. I just hope he prepares pac the best that he possibly can including mind games. Pac doesn't have that skillset ala Floyd, Bhop. Roach has to do it for him. Lolz.

Comment

Roach is good at playing mind games...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I just said that in another thread. Mayweather will absolutely stay in the pocket. He'll use the jab on the outside but come forward. If he is unable to back Pacquiao up, he's in for a long night. Floyd will have to work the body and he's not going to be able to do that from a distance. This is such a great matchup. Would be a shame if the world didn't witness this.
          I agree.

The first 4 or 5 rounds will be very interesting AND important in this fight.

Comment

It won't work...Roach is a great and smart trainer, but Floyd is a great and smart Boxer..As he said, it's gonna be Manny in the ring, not Roach..

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              You dont know boxing!! Floyd will use his legs. Nobody fights Pac in Close combat and survives.

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
                I agree.

The first 4 or 5 rounds will be very interesting AND important in this fight.
                Absolutely. Pac is such an assertive fighter but these two have a lot of respect for each other. I wonder how that will play out in the ring. Pac really dislikes Floyd--you could see it when he was asked about him after the Hatton bout. I have no doubts he'd love nothing more than to one punch him out of the ring. But underneath that, there is some sort of reverence. He knows Floyd is a great fighter. There's also no doubt in my mind that Floyd came back for Manny. And actively sought the bout even after watching him decapitate Hatton and destroy Cotto. But something changed along the way. Something that made him realize that Pacquiao was not an opponent to be ****ed around with. I don't doubt that he and/or his team might have heard PED rumors prior to Pac's foray into 140 but thought it didn't matter. But having seen him continue to dominate, they want to be sure. If Manny is clean, Floyd will be facing - by far - the toughest challenge of his career. All those thinking it'll be one-sided are nuts.
                Last edited by IMDAZED; 06-02-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  Roach is good at playing mind games...
                  floyds mind games>>>>>>>>>>>>roachs

team pac and roach have been losing the mind games war since floyd came back

Comment

He is but it won't work. The first 4 rounds will be the most important rounds of any fight in recent memory. I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X