No announcement yet.

What is the dumbest religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the dumbest religion?

My vote would have to go to the cult / money scamming Scientologists. What do yall think, what is the most outright stupidest and obviously phony religion out there?

Oh, look...another religion bait thread! *YAWN*

Comment

I have to go with Mormonism.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        Oh, look...another religion bait thread! *YAWN*
        Its a serious question, brochacho. Just ignore it if you dont have an opinion.

Comment

I think if Joseph Smith was alive today, he would go to Utah and see those massive temples and all that money that Mormonism has generated and laugh his ass off.

He would say "Guys, I was just fukin around, I was just trying to get laid" One con-artist starts some BS lie and it's grown into a world wide religion, it's fukin mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
            My vote would have to go to the cult / money scamming Scientologists. What do yall think, what is the most outright stupidest and obviously phony religion out there?
            ... In order to label something as "religion" it takes to be like about two thousand years old, I guess... All the others are "sects".

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... In order to label something as "religion" it takes to be like about two thousand years old, I guess... All the others are "sects".
              How so? Scientology and Mormonism aren't thousands of years old and they are considered religions ( by the government and their followers, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I think if Joseph Smith was alive today, he would go to Utah and see those massive temples and all that money that Mormonism has generated and laugh his ass off.

He would say "Guys, I was just fukin around, I was just trying to get laid" One con-artist starts some BS lie and it's grown into a world wide religion, it's fukin mind boggling.
                You're probably right. What better way to have constant orgies than make up a bull**** religion that says that it is gods word to do so. Damn, thinking of it that way, I think it might be about time I make up my own religion.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Sects are sub groups of a religion and has nothing to do with time. Religion can be new or old, it's the same thing. I think one of the reason we seem to accept the outrageous claims of the "old" religions, is because of time. It seems as more time goes by, legends grow and so therefore it's easy to say that Jesus walked on water and Mohamed flew to heaven on a winged horse.

Both are absurd in the real world, but since they happened over a thousand years ago, it's now somehow believable. Where as something like Mormonism is exactly the same thing, Joseph Smith finding magical plates, and being able to translate them by looking in a hat.

Sounds silly but no more silly than living in a whale for 3 days, or splitting the moon in half as the Quran claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Sects are sub groups of a religion and has nothing to do with time. Religion can be new or old, it's the same thing. I think one of the reason we seem to accept the outrageous claims of the "old" religions, is because of time. It seems as more time goes by, legends grow and so therefore it's easy to say that Jesus walked on water and Mohamed flew to heaven on a winged horse.

Both are absurd in the real world, but since they happened over a thousand years ago, it's now somehow believable. Where as something like Mormonism is exactly the same thing, Joseph Smith finding magical plates, and being able to translate them by looking in a hat.

Sounds silly but no more silly than living in a whale for 3 days, or splitting the moon in half as the Quran claims.
                    True. Religions that have origins dating back thousands of years are much harder to discount because of the time that has gone by and lack of evidence of activities mentioned in the holy books, whereas today, new religions that make claims can usually be discounted by science, since it wouldnt be half as difficult to investigate the claims that these newer religions state.

Comment

Working...
                    X