No announcement yet.

The truth about Adrien Broner - EXPOSED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about Adrien Broner - EXPOSED

I have said for a long time that Broner is not as good as some thought. Now, after the fight, I thought Malignaggi was dead on when he said that he hadn't fought the level of competition that deserved him the recognition he was getting.

He described them as "Laundromat workers" but in reality they were just really small guys. Broner did NOT go up in weight, that is a misconception. He was and is a WW. He wasn't making 135 anymore, let alone 130. He paid fines and looked HUGE vs guys like Reese and Demarco. At 147 he looked the best I have ever seen him physically, he was RIPPED. It's his natural weight and there's a reason his camp even said he could go up to 154 one day.

So is he that bad or is Maidana that good? I said that if Broner is to beat Miadana, he would have to do one thing we haven't seen, and that's move. Use his footwork to out box Maidana but we had never seen that of Broner.

Well, he can't move. He has no footwork, his philly shell is very hittable and we now see that getting hit by a lagit WW is a different thing all together. Broner just doesn't have the output of punches needed to counter and win on points, doesn't have the power to hurt any of the big WW (maybe except Khan with his chin but Khan is 2X the fighter) and he doesn't have the undefeated thing to promote himself with.

His image took a hit, and Maidana showed that when he can't hurt you with his shots initially, he's in big trouble. I don't see him beating any of the top WW to be honest, unless he learns to move the way we saw Thurman evolve in his game. Broner has to become a boxer/puncher to have success again at this weight.

On one last note about his character. I don't care the way he acts, the stupid things he does but...

I believe if you are going to run your mouth, be a pro and a man and do the post fight interview. He was dirty in the fight, acted like a lowlife in dry humping Maidana, exaggerated the headbutt to the chin, was knocked down and said he was pushed, hit after the bell and ran away when it was time to pay the piper.

I don't believe in Karma, but it sure looks like it was handed out tonight.
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 12-15-2013, 03:42 AM.

Ive been saying for a long time now that broner is berto 2.0 . Broner is just an athletic/fast one dimensional fighter, straight up and down. Broner is Easy work for the whole 140/147LB divisions. C+ fighter at best.

Marcos Maidana....AND NEWWWWWW!!!!!

Comment

Anyone who was comparing him seriously to the next Mayweather was high on bird s**t. Broner had some solid wins over Ponce, DeMarco, and Paulie. But even in two of those, he struggled. I knew from the second he displayed no footwork or movement the first minute of this fight, he was losing. He lost a fan tonight in me, straight up clown.

Floyd acts like an idiot sometimes and says some dumb stuff outside the ring at times, but he's 150% focused on the task at hand in the ring. That's why he's the best fighter of his time.

Broner displays no footwork, has a terribly low work rate, and can't adjust beyond Plan A.

Comment

great post dude

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I have said for a long time that Broner is not as good as some thought. Now, after the fight, I thought Malignaggi was dead on when he said that he hadn't fought the level of competition that deserved him the recognition he was getting.

He described them as "Laundromat workers" but in reality they were just really small guys. Broner did NOT go up in weight, that is a misconception. He was and is a WW. He wasn't making 135 anymore, let alone 130. He paid fines and looked HUGE vs guys like Reese and Demarco. At 147 he looked the best I have ever seen him physically, he was RIPPED. It's his natural weight and there's a reason his camp even said he could go up to 154 one day.

So is he that bad or is Maidana that good? I said that if Broner is to beat Miadana, he would have to do one thing we haven't seen, and that's move. Use his footwork to out box Maidana but we had never seen that of Broner.

Well, he can't move. He has no footwork, his philly shell is very hittable and we now see that getting hit by a lagit WW is a different thing all together. Broner just doesn't have the output of punches needed to counter and win on points, doesn't have the power to hurt any of the big WW (maybe except Khan with his chin but Khan is 2X the fighter) and he doesn't have the undefeated thing to promote himself with.

His image took a hit, and Maidana showed that when he can't hurt you with his shots initially, he's in big trouble. I don't see him beating any of the top WW to be honest, unless he learns to move the way we saw Thurman evolve in his game. Broner has to become a boxer/puncher to have success again at this weight.

On one last note about his character. I don't care the way he acts, the stupid things he does but...

I believe if you are going to run your mouth, be a pro and a man and do the post fight interview. He was dirty in the fight, acted like a lowlife in dry humping Maidana, was knocked down and said he was pushed, hit after the bell and ran away when it was time to pay the piper.

I don't believe in Karma, but it sure looks like it was handed out tonight.
          Well said,

I agree, he has no movement..flat footed. His punch output is too low and add his non existent movement, Maidana put it on a much deserved victory.

Comment

He isn't good, very average - even those midgets he fought pounded on him for a few rounds before gassing. I'll always laugh how the PDL robbery had been all but forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              great post

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Ive been saying for a long time now that broner is berto 2.0 . Broner is just an athletic/fast one dimensional fighter, straight up and down. Broner is Easy work for the whole 140/147LB divisions. C+ fighter at best.

Marcos Maidana....AND NEWWWWWW!!!!!
                You think your boy is going to get Mayweather next??? I think he could. Roger's mentioned him before as a possible Floyd opponent down the line, this was a HUGE win, and he had two solid wins prior to this at 147. He's got that WBA title now, Floyd could be looking to unify.

I think Mayweather-Maidana is the only fight that's a good legit fight for Floyd in May that makes sense and is realistic.

Comment

Broner needs to sharpen his game, he's very susceptible to feints. He falls for jabbing feints more than half the time.

If he was in with an educated left hand puncher, something similar to ODLH or JCC Sr., it would be bad for Broner.

I am a huge fan of Broner's boxing style, but it needs some fine tuning. He is also a slow starter, he has NEVER started well until the 3rd round. Not even against Rees did he start throwing till the 3rd.

Comment

He's not the next coming like he was hyped up but I still think he can refocus and have a good boxing career. Possibly win another strap.

He's not a defensive fighter. He can't transition from defense to offense and as a result his work rate is ****. He's most effective when he moves forward and backs his opponent up. I think from now on he needs to think more offensively and let his hands go more. He's still got good speed and good enough power to give most fighters problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X