Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ps3 an overpriced old hardware video game console?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ps3 an overpriced old hardware video game console?

I think a brand new ps3 costs 400 bucks plus tax which is about what 420 something? The ps3 seems to produce graphics that are exactly the same as xbox360s. But xbox360 consoles keep breaking on me. I personally think 400 bucks is way too much for a console, I remember only paying like 300 bucks for an xbox360 in 2006. I'm waiting for a drop on the ps3, when the hell will they drop it around 300 bucks? Never or some crap? Oh wow blu-ray big deal
    Yes, the hardware is old in the console and the graphics look the same as xbox360 for the most part
    33.33%
    No, its not overpriced you are just a cheap **** in this crappy ECONOMY
    60.00%
    Other
    6.67%

yeah I want to get one as I like them better, a lot more reliable but don't want to pay the extra $200 Aus over a 360 for one. Going to wait until the price drops more, I'm not goingto use blueray for ages anyways.

Comment

yeah that's right!...wait until the price drops!....

Comment

If you think about it it's actually qiuite cheap. A lot of the top brand blu-ray players which just play blu-ray movies cost around the same price as the PS3.

I'm also waiting for the price to drop $699 is too expensive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
          If you think about it it's actually qiuite cheap. A lot of the top brand blu-ray players which just play blu-ray movies cost around the same price as the PS3.

I'm also waiting for the price to drop $699 is too expensive for me.
          The ps3 is listed at 400 bucks... And I don't care about blu-ray, my tv is an old tv because of the crappy economy.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
            I think a brand new ps3 costs 400 bucks plus tax which is about what 420 something? The ps3 seems to produce graphics that are exactly the same as xbox360s. But xbox360 consoles keep breaking on me. I personally think 400 bucks is way too much for a console, I remember only paying like 300 bucks for an xbox360 in 2006. I'm waiting for a drop on the ps3, when the hell will they drop it around 300 bucks? Never or some crap? Oh wow blu-ray big deal
            A ps3 has blue ray capabilities and internet browsing and stuff, it's more of a media center as well. i like it better than the 360, which seems more like a "video game console" as opposed to the ps3 which seems more like an "entertainment console"

Comment

Lol Fallout 3 actually looks BETTER on the 360 lmao

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                A ps3 has blue ray capabilities and internet browsing and stuff, it's more of a media center as well. i like it better than the 360, which seems more like a "video game console" as opposed to the ps3 which seems more like an "entertainment console"
                This is exactly why I prefer the 360 to the PS3 : I'm a gamer.

Have been ever since I was old enough to hold a controller in my hands.

I already have an "entertainment console", it's called my computer.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree entirely, I have a pc and a 360, i dont need a pc and another half hearted attempt at a pc

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree entirely, I have a pc and a 360, i dont need a pc and another half hearted attempt at a pc
                    A lot of people say I'm anti-Sony when I say **** like that, but that's really how I feel.

I still have my original PS1 and PS2, I still love playing the games on them.

But somewhere along the way, Sony forgot what they were all about. They really dropped the ball with the PS3 if you ask me.

And please, Sony fanboys, stop bringing up blu ray.

If I wanted blu ray, I'd buy a damn blu ray player.

But I want a good library of great games.

And the 360 wins that contest, hands down.

The only PS3 titles I even want or care about are MGS4, GOW3, and Yakuza 3.

And that's not nearly enough to warrant me shelling out 400 clams.

Comment

Working...
                    X