Jon Fitch cut from UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Fitch cut from UFC

Jon Fitch has just been cut!! aswell as 15 other fighters

most of those who have been cut are understandable but to drop Fitch ia an absolute joke. He's 14-3-1 in the UFC and has only lost to GSP, Johnny Hendricks and Damien Maia and the draw was with BJ Penn.

Alot of british fighters cut too after last weekend

No great loss, the guy could put a glass eye to sleep.

Comment

Maybe but its still bull **** considering hos record

hopefully they will justify it by making some top quality signings

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It's about the principal of the thing. Fitch can be entertaining as hell when matched correctly (look at the Erick Silva fight), but you can't just cut a top10 fighter because he's "boring".

How about cutting Rashad Evans? Clay Guida? Chael Sonnen?

Comment

I'm glad. This is a statement cut. Guys with much worse records are still fighting in the UFC because they are entertaining.

The statement here is, if you're a boring fighter you better keep winning or else....

I also think his refusal to fight Koscheck played a part in this.

Comment

So how about the following top10 fighters that many consider "boring".

Clay Guida, Nik Lentz, Gray Maynard, Josh Koscheck, Michael Bisping, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader?

This cut is nothing but Dana White being a petty child. He didn't get along great with Fitch because Fitch wouldn't kiss his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              So how about the following top10 fighters that many consider "boring".

Clay Guida, Nik Lentz, Gray Maynard, Josh Koscheck, Michael Bisping, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader?

This cut is nothing but Dana White being a petty child. He didn't get along great with Fitch because Fitch wouldn't kiss his ass.
              lol where are you getting most of those names from?

do you even watch MMA?

Guida use to be really entertaining but has been a borefest in his last couple of fights. But he has been winning and is a top 3 fighter in his division now so I don't think they would cut him just yest. I think if he goes on a 2 fight losing streak he would get cut.

And the rest of those guys aren't that boring or not nearly as boring as Fitch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                lol where are you getting most of those names from?

do you even watch MMA?

Guida use to be really entertaining but has been a borefest in his last couple of fights. But he has been winning and is a top 3 fighter in his division now so I don't think they would cut him just yest. I think if he goes on a 2 fight losing streak he would get cut.

And the rest of those guys aren't that boring or not nearly as boring as Fitch.
                I probably watch it more than you do so sure. Yes i do.

And i phrased it: many consider "boring".

I find some of these boring and some not. I don't think fitch is boring.

They are almost all control fighters like Fitch. Which of those mentioned are exciting?
                Guida NEVER used to be really entertaining. He's entertaining when his head is getting caved in and he can't take the opponent down.
                Just look at his fight with Nate Diaz for the perfect Guida fight. He's a spoiler. Bouncing around and being energetic is not == exciting.

Rashad Evans had a couple of fights where he boxed, but then he's become 1) a boring boxer but also 2) a control wrestler.

Bisping? Tell me about a great Bisping fight.

Maynard has been fun in 2 fights. His 2nd and 3rd vs. Edgar.

Phil Davis? Crappy boxer, all control.

Nik Lentz have some of the worst fights in the history of mma.

I love Chael but before he started talking **** nobody cared about him because he's a wrestler.

Out of these i personally think Bisping, Bader and Lentz are boring. But i know I'm in the minority not thinking the rest are boring too.
                Last edited by Barry Halls; 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Oh, and Clay Guida is not ranked top3. He's ranked 10th.

Comment

Clay Guida boring?? Are you on crack

His fight with Diego Sanchez is my favourite EVER

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X