No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    if you can't afford to tip, don't eat out. you're paying partially for refreshments and partially for service.

cheap birds.
    that's exactly right ... TS said to "take it up with the boss, for not paying them enough" ... if you don't make enough money to tip someone that is serving you dinner and drinks, then just stay home and don't tip the wifey ... simple as that

i'm a very heavy tipper as well ... Like Jose said, if they keep my drinks coming, I reward the server/bartender

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      oh wow...they still have full service gas stations in jersey? i dont remember any here in socal
      I don't think your allow to pump your own gas here for some reason...they pump you pay unless you in the hood you pay they pump...Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        if you can't afford to tip, don't eat out. you're paying partially for refreshments and partially for service.

cheap birds.
        Agree!
        stay home and open up a can of Chef Boyardee...

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          I agree man. Also agree about the beer refill thing.

I used to work as a server at IHOP, and I can tell you that being a server when it gets busy is so stressful. You are literally running around on your feet for the entire shift, and even then, sometimes you can't get to everybody as fast as they'd like, so you'll have people who are rude, and then of course don't tip at all despite you busting your ass off trying to ensure they get served as fast as possible.

I loved providing people with excellent service, and getting compliments, and yes, tips too Made me feel good about my job, that I made somebody else happy, and enhanced their experience. I believe that "meal time" (especially with your family) is a very sacred time, and is more about just eating good food.
          that's it it's all about excellent service, make me feel like if I was the only one there your attending to and you'll get a great tip, I've also called mangers before I leave the restaurant and told then the excellent service an employee has done...

Comment

If you too cheap to eat out then don't do it.

My main annoyance with servers are the one's who assume you won't tip because you are young and aren't white(Come at me) so you receive spotty ass service. Then when you tip over the normal 15-20% you get all the pretty smiles.

Comment

You should always tip, just matters how much you do though. I mean the least you could do is leave a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                lol i loved that scene....

I agree with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  If you too cheap to eat out then don't do it.

My main annoyance with servers are the one's who assume you won't tip because you are young and aren't white(Come at me) so you receive spotty ass service. Then when you tip over the normal 15-20% you get all the pretty smiles.

My job is pretty much all about customer service. I don't expect anything tip wise, but I do appreciate when I do a good job and the customer recognizes that.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    this gesture is even more magnified if im drinking beer during a meal...if i have to wait and ask for another beer, that tip is in jeopardy

a good waiter/waitress monitors how much is left in my mug/glass as they walk by and will offer another when its below the halfway point

btw- thats the reason i pour my bottle into a mug at a restaurant...just so they can see how much i have left
                    I can't believe that you even have doubts If he just let you sit there like an arsehole it's simple. he gets NOTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                      that's exactly right ... TS said to "take it up with the boss, for not paying them enough" ... if you don't make enough money to tip someone that is serving you dinner and drinks, then just stay home and don't tip the wifey ... simple as that

i'm a very heavy tipper as well ... Like Jose said, if they keep my drinks coming, I reward the server/bartender
                      Damn, I wish people would start tipping me for doing my job

Comment

Working...
                      X