Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward Top 5 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now think Floyd and Ward are the best in the sport p4p, but I still rather watch guys like Pacquiao and Martinez who are actually entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      On the strength of Wards resume these last couple of years, he just may be #1.
      This just doesn't make sense to me. I don't care who's on Ward's resume, he's obviously not a better p4p fighter than Mayweather at this point.

Comment

Absolutely..

1. Mayweather
        2. Marquez
        3. Pac
        4. Ward
        5. Donaire

Comment

Top 10 for sure I still have B-hop, Nonito, and Martinez above him could even put K2 above him obviously with Floyd and Manny being top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
            This just doesn't make sense to me. I don't care who's on Ward's resume, he's obviously not a better p4p fighter than Mayweather at this point.
            And it probably never will. There is none so blind as those who simply will not see.

These last couple of years Floyd has been displaying his skill against old fighters, shot. or young inexperienced guys. I thought those guys might have had a chance. The majority how ever did not.

Now Ward has displayed his skills against better fighters than Floyd has. Now How that could not make sense to you is beyond me.

One guy, (Ward), are beating world class fighters dominantly. Not old, shot, washed up or inexperienced guys, but prime, favored solid fighters.

The other, (Floyd) is beating fighters that 90% of boxing fans thought never had a chance to begin with, it's really self explanitory.

Comment

He's top 5 bcse of Froch-Kessler-Bika all others need not mentioned
              Still don't get that OK now I see from him
              Kessler win was his best by far
              Froch great win but he showed some holes and Froch looked terrible Ward had alot to do with it but some was all Froch and he still was in the fight a couple shots landed here and there he could of pulled out a few more rounds

Comment

He is EASILY Fighter Of The Year

and he should be Top 3 P4P...let him replace Martinez, Ward Cleaned Out His Division and fought the best in his division while Martinez is chasing SMALLER GUYS and just fought some guy nobody heard of in Darren Barker

Comment

Absolutely. One of Donai or Martinez need to be bumped down. Id guess it would be Martinez if this stuff with Pirog never gets settled.

Comment

[b][QUOTE=Bushbaby;11576098] And it probably never will. There is none so blind as those who simply will not see. [QUOTE][b/] No need to put your hands on your hips and start sucking yor teeth. I simply don't agree with you, that doesn't make me blind or unwilling to see.

[QUOTE=Bushbaby;11576098]These last couple of years Floyd has been displaying his skill against old fighters, shot. or young inexperienced guys. I thought those guys might have had a chance. The majority how ever did not.

Now Ward has displayed his skills against better fighters than Floyd has. Now How that could not make sense to you is beyond me.

One guy, (Ward), are beating world class fighters dominantly. Not old, shot, washed up or inexperienced guys, but prime, favored solid fighters.

The other, (Floyd) is beating fighters that 90% of boxing fans thought never had a chance to begin with, it's really self explanitory [QUOTE]
                    This is nothing but spin. Try keeping it real my man. Nobody thought that Marquez and Mosley were "shot" before they fought Mayweather. Marquez was ranked 3rd on the p4p list when he fought Mayweather, and Mosley was the top welterweight in the world when he fought Mayweather. Ortiz was in his prime when he fought Mayweather, and had a clear size advantage. He was "young and inexperienced" when he fought Maidana. Don't really get you fans that have agendas. If you want to make a case for Ward being a better p4p fighter, then build that argument using the skills that he displays in the ring. Making that argument by discrediting Mayweather's recent resume while overrating Ward's resume is fan-boyeseque. I'm not even trying to take aything away from Ward, but you're going too far. As much as I respect his wins over guys like Froch, Abaraham, and Kessler those wins don't prove that he's a better p4p fighter than Mayweather. You say that those guys are "world class", well so are Marquez, Mosley, and Ortiz. Neither Froch, Abraham, or Kessler are fighters that you would call "great" or supremely skilled. Make a better argument son, that's my point. Ward was impressive last night, but he was basically putting on his best Mayweather impersonation. He obviously studies him and tries to do a lot of the same things that Mayweather does. He's just not as good yet, and anybody who isn't blind can see that.
                    Last edited by thatnickuh; 12-18-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Argubaly, yes

He's definitely Top 10 now, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X