Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real reason why Floyd asked for OST?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    I know this topic was recycled many times and followed by Floyd fans like a gospel. We also know the Mayweather clan and his fans were saying long time ago that Pac only fought those old, shot, slow, weight drained, come forward, past his prime, coming off from big losses, smart match making, paid to dive and many more! They also said Pac is overrated, one dimensional, no footwork, easy work, no skills and many more! My question is....why the hell asked then for OST?
    1. he wants pac's career to bloom by not fighting him
    2. he actually wants to fight bobby, not manny
    3. he is actually one of those who manny would easily beat: past his prime
    4. he cannot define what 'one dimensional' means

Comment

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
      Another point to add is what happened in the second round of negotiations.

Pac agreed to the cut off date but Floyd said there now has to be no cut off date. Pac fans responded with why that was, when previously 14 days was fine.

On the huge Pac/PED threads on here, a lot of Floyd fans (who just happen to be PED experts as well) said that there has to be no cut off, as even in a 14 day window before the fight Pac could still take something and it could have an effect, citing websites and online articles.

But then that begs the question, why was 14 days offered in the first place by Floyd? If he wanted to clean up the sport, and ensure it was a level playing field against Pac, then why did he even offer 14 days if it doesn't stop PEDs?

It's like Mosley said, it was purely a mind game designed to disrupt Pac and allow Floyd to get one over early on. While mind games are generally fine, one that smears another man's name is not.
      its amazing how someone can put so much thought into something so damn stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
        It doesn't make sense asking someone OSDT as much as refusing to take it, Floyd Mayweather conceded to Manny's demands but Manny didn't want OSDT, Floyd Mayweather always wants a mental edge over his opponents. Roach even had no problems with it saying Manny will take any test no problems but the issue rose when Manny refused it and wanted a cut off date. Arum never wanted the fight, the fight didn't happen because of egos. Don't give me that 'Oh Manny's afraid of needles' or 'mentally weakens him', for such a religious guy he sure is superstitious - read what the bible says. Frustrating thing is that I don't even think he's on PEDS. I do however give Manny a lot of credit for giving in to the 14 day cut off second time around and Floyd still wanted to play mind games. More than anything though I would blame Arum, seriously I'm not sure if he's purposely trying to offend boxing fans.
        are you serious. giving in. Pac ASKED for the 14 days and WALKED AWAY.

floyd took the **** off the table then pac claims he accepted floyds demands then we findout he was lying AGAIN and asked for 7 days. these are all facts thats on the recond.

what are you talking about pac giving into 14 days

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
          are you serious. giving in. Pac ASKED for the 14 days and WALKED AWAY.

floyd took the **** off the table then pac claims he accepted floyds demands then we findout he was lying AGAIN and asked for 7 days. these are all facts thats on the recond.

what are you talking about pac giving into 14 days
          Pac moving forward giving in a bit so that we can see this fight while Floyd moving backward to make things more difficult. Can't you see that?! Why not they just meet at 7 days so we can see the fight? Why you trying to justified where there is no possible we can see the fight? 7 days its ok no matter how you turn this upside down as there is no PEDs however great is it that will help you to win the fight in just a matter of few days that can't be detected in blood/urine test right up after the fight!

Comment

*******s say he said that 2 get out the fight, *****ms say he wants 2 clean up the sport and make sure he is fighting a clean fighter. who cares anymore?????

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
              *******s say he said that 2 get out the fight, *****ms say he wants 2 clean up the sport and make sure he is fighting a clean fighter. who cares anymore?????
              Anyone who believes Floyd wants to clean up the sport is a little delusional. And anyone who believes he asked for it to get out of the fight is really saying that Manny is on PEDs. How would Floyd know Manny would say lie and contradict?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Anyone who believes Floyd wants to clean up the sport is a little delusional. And anyone who believes he asked for it to get out of the fight is really saying that Manny is on PEDs. How would Floyd know Manny would say lie and contradict?

these boys are something else. floyd thinkings manny i on something and its as simple as that. and for good reason

Comment

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
                  Another point to add is what happened in the second round of negotiations.

Pac agreed to the cut off date but Floyd said there now has to be no cut off date. Pac fans responded with why that was, when previously 14 days was fine.

On the huge Pac/PED threads on here, a lot of Floyd fans (who just happen to be PED experts as well) said that there has to be no cut off, as even in a 14 day window before the fight Pac could still take something and it could have an effect, citing websites and online articles.

But then that begs the question, why was 14 days offered in the first place by Floyd? If he wanted to clean up the sport, and ensure it was a level playing field against Pac, then why did he even offer 14 days if it doesn't stop PEDs?

It's like Mosley said, it was purely a mind game designed to disrupt Pac and allow Floyd to get one over early on. While mind games are generally fine, one that smears another man's name is not.
                  This^^^^^^ and read my sig... If Manny said he was willing to go all the way, posted on video interviews and paper. Why does not floyd call him out on his willingness if it came straight from the horses mouth with proof of him saying it on video. Instead the 2nd negotiations "never happened" according to Ellerbe, and Haymon has his mouth zipped.. If the truth shall set Floyd free why are these people quiet. Unless the truth will make floyd look like the coward he is.
                  Last edited by Alibata; 01-03-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
                    I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that he wanted to make sure that Manny wasn't on any type of PED. I could be wrong though.

Comment

ESPN has called Floyd a coward twice now. It's clear that asking for OST is a cowardly act for normal people.

Comment

Working...
                      X