Collapse
No announcement yet.

sick of hearing that PBF ist affraid of MARGARITO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd is afraid of Antonio Margarito.......for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberthugpatrol View Post
      floyd is afraid of Antonio Margarito.......for a reason.
      please give me names, who did margarito beat to become so much credits

Comment

Originally posted by cyberthugpatrol View Post
        its "himself" and "yourself"

floyd hasn't proven himself, but yet you want the WBO Champ to ?

floyd wants no part of Antonio, period
        1. Mayw. by beating the man who beat the man is now the man at 147

2. Mayw. is legitimately considered the best fighter in the sport becos he won 5 titles in 4 divisions and in 3 of these he won the lineal title. In the process he beat everyone in front if him while losing a total of what? 30 rounds in his entire career?

3. Where did Margarito get his paper belt? oh yeah he fought Antonio Diaz, for a belt that was vacant. Moreover the WBO belt is kind of a "#4 sanctioning body", it is stated being listed with WBC, IBF, WBA only recently.

so maybe when Marg faces and beats (losing to Daniel Santos does not count) something remotely similar to a champion, he will have a right to fight Mayw

Comment

Sounds like every floyd fan, is also his manager...."Margarito needs to fight this guy first, then he needs to fight a bear, then jump in the ocean and kill a shark, then jump to the moon and back to prove he's worthy of a floyd mayweather fight, but only after he discovers a cure for aids."

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
            Sounds like every floyd fan, is also his manager...."Margarito needs to fight this guy first, then he needs to fight a bear, then jump in the ocean and kill a shark, then jump to the moon and back to prove he's worthy of a floyd mayweather fight, but only after he discovers a cure for aids."
            man that's a funny post, but it does not change that if mayweather fought margarito now he put himself in a no-win situation:

if floyd wins with margaio current record, he beat another overhyped nobody (because lets face it, this is the current trend with mayw's opponent.

if he loses he lost to a guy, who did not have a big win before fighting Floyd.

There are fighters out there who are/were lineal and/or multiple division champions (Hatton, Mosley, De La Hoya, Judah, Baldomir, Cotto pretty soon). Margarito does not bring any claim to glory like with him.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
              man that's a funny post, but it does not change that if mayweather fought margarito now he put himself in a no-win situation:

if floyd wins with margaio current record, he beat another overhyped nobody (because lets face it, this is the current trend with mayw's opponent.

if he loses he lost to a guy, who did not have a big win before fighting Floyd.

There are fighters out there who are/were lineal and/or multiple division champions (Hatton, Mosley, De La Hoya, Judah, Baldomir, Cotto pretty soon). Margarito does not bring any claim to glory like with him.
              If thats true then why not just put the Margarito v. Floyd fight on hbo, it doesn't have to be on ppv. After all, you are so sure Floyd would win and not get the credit he deserves. Then the rematch they can put on ppv.

Comment

If thats true then why not just put the Margarito v. Floyd fight on hbo, it doesn't have to be on ppv. After all, you are so sure Floyd would win and not get the credit he deserves. Then the rematch they can put on ppv.
                I did not say Floyd will win (altough I would bet on him)

I said

if floyd wins, he does not get the credit
                if floyd loses, he lost to someone who has no big wins except him. (in the sad state in which boxing is, people would also stress that he lost to a fighter with 4 losses, but that is just stupid)

why fight marg on hbo, when cotto, hatton, mosley, hoya are all ppv material?

my idea is Margarito fights Clottey, Williams and then the winner of Marg.-Williams fights Mayw. This way it's reasonable. (basically Floyd is now the champ, contenders do some elimination and then get a shot at the title. Usually it is not the case that the champ has to fight every contender)

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  I did not say Floyd will win (altough I would bet on him)

I said

if floyd wins, he does not get the credit
                  if floyd loses, he lost to someone who has no big wins except him. (in the sad state in which boxing is, people would also stress that he lost to a fighter with 4 losses, but that is just stupid)

why fight marg on hbo, when cotto, hatton, mosley, hoya are all ppv material?

my idea is Margarito fights Clottey, Williams and then the winner of Marg.-Williams fights Mayw. This way it's reasonable. (basically Floyd is now the champ, contenders do some elimination and then get a shot at the title. Usually it is not the case that the champ has to fight every contender)
                  Floyd would take a lot of heat off of him if he were too fight Margarito. Imo, then he can say he is the best in the division. Floyd would beat every welterweight out their with the exception of Margarito. If Floyd manages to beat Margarito, then he has the right to call himself the best welterweight in the world.

The longer he waits the more new fighters are going to get hyped then people will think he not only has Margarito but 2 more. Just look at the hype Williams is getting. Mayweather would beat him. Margarot will crush him.

Floyd wants to be the man at welterweight then he has to fight Margarito.

And about the 4 loses, didn't baldomier go in with 9 loses, yes he did.

All those fights you mentioned ain't going to happen for floyd right away. Floyd calls himself the best then why not take on a challenge it'd be his first in years. Most of us knew what was going to happen against Baldomier, their was tons of threads discussing what a joke it was for him to fight Baldomier when it was announced that he was going to fight Baldomier.

The real Challlenge for Floyd is Antonio Margarito. He beat him, he's got my total respect. But i ain't nobody, so it up to him if he wants a "real" challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by small_warrior View Post
                    i am really sick of hearing that floyd is ducking margarito,
                    i mean margarito is a trong welterweight and very powerfull, but it's not a fight that will give floyd the credit that he deserves. theyre are bigger fight out there, like cotto or mosley. All the mayweather hater want to find excuses, but you must admit he's the pound 4 pound
                    Who came up with that crap anyway?
                    margarito would probably just take 2 rds from Floyd.

I think Judah vs. Margarito should be a good one

Comment

Floyd would take a lot of heat off of him if he were too fight Margarito. Imo, then he can say he is the best in the division. Floyd would beat every welterweight out their with the exception of Margarito. If Floyd manages to beat Margarito, then he has the right to call himself the best welterweight in the world.
                      The majority of ppl already think he is not the best in the division (this is why he would be the betting favorite against anyone at 147)

The longer he waits the more new fighters are going to get hyped then people will think he not only has Margarito but 2 more. Just look at the hype Williams is getting. Mayweather would beat him. Margarot will crush him.
                      see, Margarito-Williams is the perfect fight to prove that Margarito is THE threat to Floyd at 147.

if he beats margarito, then they will say "you have to beat williams, too. Margarito was a nobody" (not the marg is a "nobody", but as i said this is the trend with mayw opponents. it took a while, and the most incredible fight in recent history, to put Castillo and Corrales back on the map, after they foght mayw., and castillo was not even dominated by mayw, to be considered top dogs)

taking on the winner of a margarito-williams bout solves this problem
                      (not to mention williams is margarito mandatory)

Floyd wants to be the man at welterweight then he has to fight Margarito.
                      this is your opinion, I disagree: mayw. just became the man at ww saturday night, by winning THE ww title

And about the 4 loses, didn't baldomier go in with 9 loses, yes he did.
                      yes, and with the lineal and wbc title as a prize. so there was a reward to be taken, the wbo belt isnt exactly the same

All those fights you mentioned ain't going to happen for floyd right away. Floyd calls himself the best then why not take on a challenge it'd be his first in years. Most of us knew what was going to happen against Baldomier, their was tons of threads discussing what a joke it was for him to fight Baldomier when it was announced that he was going to fight Baldomier.
                      If I were Floyd (and I really planned on only one more fight, which I do not really believe) my next fight would be Oscar in may, if not Spinks in february, so i could gather my 6th belt in my 5th weight division.

The real Challlenge for Floyd is Antonio Margarito. He beat him, he's got my total respect. But i ain't nobody, so it up to him if he wants a "real" challenge.
                      to me the real challenge to Floyd is Hatton. If floyd fights Margarito it will be the most boring fight ever, bcos Floyd is not going to do anything close standing and trading with someone with that size and power. and Margarito is too slow to make him. If marg hurts mayw it's over, if he doesnt... boring UD.

Hatton speed in closing the distance would make it much more interesting. This is my opinion. We ll have to disagree on which would be the more interesting and challenging fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X