Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If i put some dust in a box and cover it up...will anything form?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pray and wait.

God will make it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      What planets have we built?
      Planet Hollywood....

Comment

Since we're in the subject of asking crazy things, i'll join in too.

Imagine every habitable planet in this galaxy is just like Earth and goes through the same thing Earth went through. I imagine if this is the case, they are not too far advanced than us, wouldn't they come visit us and help us out with technology? Or just plain out, visit us to say hi or something.

What if the Milky Way galaxy is full of humans, but just that the habitable planets are few and far in between. So far that we can't even reach eachother with any type of technology. And what if there's an actual solar system in the MW galaxy that has multiple habitable planets with intelligent life in them, and these beings travel to eachother's planets like we travel to different countries. It is the norm for them to travel to their planets.

Comment

Will particles come together and form a "big bang"???how can i form a universe from nothing???why cant we as humans form a universe since **** just happens and no 1 is responsible for them happening?
          "wake up in the morning got the yearning for herb..."

Comment

what is a singularity??and what created it,where did it come from?
            A singularity is some sort of infinity value, which isn't really possible as a physical value with our current understanding of Physics. Most physics equations that result in infinities have to be "renormalised" to correct this, but I'm not aware of the procedure and the term is about the limit of my current understanding sadly.

So just because we don't know something doesn't mean God did it.

See when people didn't understand gravity or know of it, they said the Gods made the planets in such well defined motions, and made the sun come up during the day.

Then you work out what gravity is and why the planets move the way they do and they invent something else that God has to do.

This constantly goes on, you would be someone in 1500 who hand't been subjected to Kepler and Newtons laws of planetary motion and would declare "Nothing can move by itself so how do the planets?" or "What's pushing the planets around then in such will defined orbits?"

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              "wake up in the morning got the yearning for herb..."
              honestly i dont smoke anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                i thought you quit smoking that shlt?

Comment

The answer to your question though.

If the dust was not charged and had no other external forces acting on it(ever eg:frictionless box, no air resistance, no other gravitational forces apart from dust-dust interaction), eventually it would all come together under the force of gravity and form a ball of dust. That would take a while though.
                  Last edited by Barn; 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

honestly i dont smoke anymore
                    hmmmmmm...

I used to smoke before like crazy and you know that I know the only time you come up with questions and ideas like this is when your lit.

Comment

if you've got enough dust and a big enough box, then yes.

gravity is the attraction of objects with mass to one another.

as they become more massive the attraction becomes more strong. in other words, if you put a bunch of dust in a box the size of the galaxy or universe it would eventually clump together after you shook the box up.

there's math to back that sh#t up, but i'm don't know anything about that end. it would probably make NE dizzy.

objects with mass in the universe are like the horses in a field. they'll clump together.

Comment

Working...
                      X