No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: Mayweather Reneged On Agreement To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    The point is we don`t know if its true or not because none of us was their during negotiations.
    so why make up theories like you keep doing

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      No it's not the same ultimatum at all. Let's be real here for a second and put the nonsense aside that dominates forums.

Mayweather is the biggest star in boxing - CHECK

Canelo is a huge star on his own - CHECK

Mayweather is NOT going to fight Pacquaio - CHECK

Mayweather is NOT going to fight Sergio Martinez - CHECK

Canelo is the biggest draw as an opponent for Mayweather right now - CHECK

So being that all these things are true, I don't think it's Canelo trying to dictate to Mayweather at all, I just think he's trying to secure a big pay day which makes sense for BOTH fighters.

I just don't understand why Mayweather would not agree to this, since there's no other name out there that will generate this amount of interest. Since most here think Canelo is a bum anyway, it's easy money for Mayweather right?

So make the fight and agree to it.

More like Pacquiao is not going to fight Floyd with his afraid of needles claim then later thinking he deserves 50/50 with Floyd.And Floyd last year on esnews said that if Martinez want to come down in weight to fight we could do it.When Martinez was asked about a Floyd fight for his next fight,his excuses was Floyd likes to skirt around the issue then Martinez chose to fight a bum in Argentina and said he wants to fight Chavez junior next then Cotto,then Alvarez then Floyd.If he`s so confident that he could beat Floyd why didn`t he call Floyd out for his next fight?

Comment

No it's not the same ultimatum at all. Let's be real here for a second and put the nonsense aside that dominates forums.

So being that all these things are true, I don't think it's Canelo trying to dictate to Mayweather at all, I just think he's trying to secure a big pay day which makes sense for BOTH fighters.

I just don't understand why Mayweather would not agree to this, since there's no other name out there that will generate this amount of interest. Since most here think Canelo is a bum anyway, it's easy money for Mayweather right?

Do you think it really matters to him man? Look how much money he made fighting fucking Ortiz. He can fight twice and make the same amount with ANY fighter. Canelo doesn't call the shots at all. Be realisitc, I'm not saying Canelo is a bum but he just has a big fanbase. Really dude who is he to give Mayweather an ultimatum? if he didn't budge for Pacquiao you honestly think he was going to give in for fucking Canelo?

Comment

• Why are people still crying over the agreement. If Canelo wins Im pretty damn sure the plan is to fight him.

Canelo wanted a guarantee win or lose if he was to fight on Floyds card and Floyd declined. Canelo is off the card and hes fighting Trout.

Cmon you trolls a 21 year old is not dictating **** with him.

So why still b*tch?

Comment

yea, u definitely dont understand how floyd sees the world. u think anyone would have given odlh a similar ultimatum in his prime??? smh. that contract was never gonna happen, not sure why team canelo thought it would. good for him for finally stepping up. but he has a long way to go before any potential showdown. ppl need to stop overlooking fights and pay attention to whats ahead of them. this is boxing, **** happens. dont know why anyone would think floyd would agree to sign a contract like that. hes much too powerful in the spoirt to be pidgeon holed like that. if u cant understand what that means then just stop wasting your time trying to get it. if canelo is gonna get that fight, hes gonna get it the hard way. not thru some ultimatum.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
              More like Pacquiao is not going to fight Floyd with his afraid of needles claim then later thinking he deserves 50/50 with Floyd.And Floyd last year on esnews said that if Martinez want to come down in weight to fight we could do it.When Martinez was asked about a Floyd fight for his next fight,his excuses was Floyd likes to skirt around the issue then Martinez chose to fight a bum in Argentina and said he wants to fight Chavez junior next then Cotto,then Alvarez then Floyd.If he`s so confident that he could beat Floyd why didn`t he call Floyd out for his next fight?
              Wow, it comes back to Pacquaio...

Our convo is over, I thought you wanted to talk like adults.

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
              Do you think it really matters to him man? Look how much money he made fighting fucking Ortiz. He can fight twice and make the same amount with ANY fighter. Canelo doesn't call the shots at all. Be realisitc, I'm not saying Canelo is a bum but he just has a big fanbase. Really dude who is he to give Mayweather an ultimatum? if he didn't budge for Pacquiao you honestly think he was going to give in for fucking Canelo?
              It's not an ultimatum though, just a guarantee. He's not forcing Mayweather to agree to glove size, ring size, or venue. He just wants to fight him.

Say what you want about Canelo but he's a huge draw. Does Mayweather need Canelo to make money, no but I don't know what that has anything to do with this.

Mayweather hsa said many times he's the money man, it's all about the paychecks and that he doesn't fight for legacy or pride, he fights for money. So this is the big money fight out there.

Fight Canelo, agree to the September date. Imagine the PPV on May4th with that line up. Don't you think we as boxing fans DESERVE that? I'm tired of paying $60 for 2 good fights, we need a stacked card.

Mayweather is a fukin ego maniac, that's the bottom line. He's the best fighter in the world, I respect him as a fighter but as a man he's not very likable.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                yea, u definitely dont understand how floyd sees the world. u think anyone would have given odlh a similar ultimatum in his prime??? smh. that contract was never gonna happen, not sure why team canelo thought it would. good for him for finally stepping up. but he has a long way to go before any potential showdown. ppl need to stop overlooking fights and pay attention to whats ahead of them. this is boxing, **** happens. dont know why anyone would think floyd would agree to sign a contract like that. hes much too powerful in the spoirt to be pidgeon holed like that. if u cant understand what that means then just stop wasting your time trying to get it. if canelo is gonna get that fight, hes gonna get it the hard way. not thru some ultimatum.
                Why is he being pigeon hold? What is Canelo doing that is dictating anything to Mayweather? LOL

You guys are talking like Canelo is trying to get the best of Floyd, he just wants to fight him.

Man, you would think some of you are sleeping with Floyd you sweat him so much. I just want to see good fights, that's all.

This fight might still happen anyway so we are all just talking out of our ass.

Comment

Wow, it comes back to Pacquaio...

Our convo is over, I thought you wanted to talk like adults.

It's not an ultimatum though, just a guarantee. He's not forcing Mayweather to agree to glove size, ring size, or venue. He just wants to fight him.

Say what you want about Canelo but he's a huge draw. Does Mayweather need Canelo to make money, no but I don't know what that has anything to do with this.

Mayweather hsa said many times he's the money man, it's all about the paychecks and that he doesn't fight for legacy or pride, he fights for money. So this is the big money fight out there.

Fight Canelo, agree to the September date. Imagine the PPV on May4th with that line up. Don't you think we as boxing fans DESERVE that? I'm tired of paying $60 for 2 good fights, we need a stacked card.

Mayweather is a fukin ego maniac, that's the bottom line. He's the best fighter in the world, I respect him as a fighter but as a man he's not very likable.
                  funny thing is so is canelo and he hasnt achieved 1% of what floyd has. dude is already a diva. the sad part is u are too blind and ur busy playing the pot while calling the kettle black

Comment

• Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                    so why make up theories like you keep doing
                    I`m not making up no theories;its a fact that none of us was their during negotiations so we can`t say for sure if Floyd really renege on any deal.Floyd said in a interview last week that if the fight with Trout is available he`ll fight him and he said the same thing about a possible fight with Canelo.He means if its the right fight for him at the time meaning:good resume,best available opponent and good money to be made then he`ll take it.

Comment

Why is he being pigeon hold? What is Canelo doing that is dictating anything to Mayweather? LOL

You guys are talking like Canelo is trying to get the best of Floyd, he just wants to fight him.

Man, you would think some of you are sleeping with Floyd you sweat him so much. I just want to see good fights, that's all.

This fight might still happen anyway so we are all just talking out of our ass.
                      u still dont gety it, who says floyd wants to fight again? who says floyd or canelo comes out of that fight in the same position they entered, win or lose? theres so much that can change because of one fight besides winning or losing. u dont sign contracts to fight fighters when u goy fights lined up. ****, u dont event think about future fights when u got fights lined up. ask amir khan how that works. i shouldnt even have to explain this to a guy who claims they are a boxing guy. some of u dudes are so unreasonable as to be idiots

Comment

Working...
                      X