No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dunkin: Jorge Arce ‘Next’ for Donaire, Nishioka Afterward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    narvaez was much much smaller than donaire and being ranked at number 1 at 115 means nothing at 118. seriously, there was no chance in hell narvaez was gonna win that fight. it was a tune up. esp considering how deep 118 is. it was a ****ty fight. as far as vasquez and arce, also poor fights. who gives a hell where they are ranked, they are ranked at the bottom of the division in one of the weakest divisions in boxing. kudos to them. smh...
    just curious but who would you have put in with Donaire in Oct?

mind you Moreno was on the cusp of signing with Golden Boy and locking in a December date with them (which turned out to be Darchinyan). Mares and Agbeko were scheduled to fight again before year's out

Yhonny Perez is back in Colombia contemplating his next move

Morel is a Golden Boy fighter

most of the Japanese fighters prefer to fight in Japan where they are big draws

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      just curious but who would you have put in with Donaire in Oct?

mind you Moreno was on the cusp of signing with Golden Boy and locking in a December date with them (which turned out to be Darchinyan). Mares and Agbeko were scheduled to fight again before year's out

Yhonny Perez is back in Colombia contemplating his next move

Morel is a Golden Boy fighter

most of the Japanese fighters prefer to fight in Japan where they are big draws
      even if narvaez was the only optionn, which is possible, albeit unlikely, doesnt mean it was a good fight. imo donaire should have been in the 118 lb tourney. he was invited, but he declined. so its still partially his fault he was left out in the cold. but ok lets say he didnt have a good dance partner, so he fights narvaez.

now he moves up to 122 and he fights wv2, which is a weak fight in an already weak divison. and now his plan is to take on arce, another weak fight in a weak division. at some point, it becomes rather lame to defend him. and theres really no excuse now. neither rigondeaux nor nishi have fights lined up. he should make those happen. hes wasting a lot of time with these lesser fights when he really doesnt have to. he gets a lot of passes, why? i never understood. hes basically underachieving, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
        How is Nishioka a tune up? And a tune up to who?
        i never said nishi is a tune up. i said arce is a tune up. and he is. and as far as narvaez goes, even if he was the best option, it still was a poor fight for donaire to take. i mean did u see how he towered over that little guy? lol. smh.

Comment

Ill bet that after Arce, donaire will target juanma at 126(if Juanma beats Salido).

He wont fight Nishioka let alone Rigodeaux.

Donaire will look like arse against Nishioka and he will get dismantle by Rigo. So arum will pull the plug on those fights. The best money/less risk fight for them will be Juanma at 126, wich aI Knocks donaire tha **** out.

Donaire will look spectacular against Arce mark my words, it will be Sidorenko + Montiel style fight and Donaire will destroy him. Donaire would destroy Mares too, just in case somebody tries to mention him.

Comment

there's just too much bittching about donaire's boxing career. as if there's any active top fighter right now who fights threats after threats. his manager already said it's arce next then nishioka and rigo after. if they really have that in mind then what else can you ask for? like any other fighter, donaire is also looking to make the most money while he can. boxing is not forever.

this donaire dukking rigo is getting old. guess what, even arce and nishioka will also snub rigo because he doesn't bring anything to the table business-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
              Ill bet that after Arce, donaire will target juanma at 126(if Juanma beats Salido).

He wont fight Nishioka let alone Rigodeaux.

Donaire will look like arse against Nishioka and he will get dismantle by Rigo. So arum will pull the plug on those fights. The best money/less risk fight for them will be Juanma at 126, wich aI Knocks donaire tha **** out.

Donaire will look spectacular against Arce mark my words, it will be Sidorenko + Montiel style fight and Donaire will destroy him. Donaire would destroy Mares too, just in case somebody tries to mention him.
              Whats with your Donaire hate? You mad he beat WV2 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                What in post did i said that constitue hating on Donaire?

Him beating WV2 means ****, WV2 made him look average.

Im just stating the obvious. Donaire is not the superman made out to be. And knowing how Arum operates he wont take a risk on a future cashcow like donaire would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  it's a pattern for him...he hates anyone that fights a rican fighter especially if the rican gets beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    now lets see ppll defend this...so to anyone counting, thats 3 tune ups in a row. who needs 3 tune ups in a row, esp if ur a p4p fighter??? this is a waste of time.
                    you can't hate on the Nishioka fight as he's ranked #1 in the division (Rigondeaux #2).

We can all hate on the Arce fight though. I mean it's an OK fight since he beat Vazquez but we all know his style is suited for Donaire to look good against.

But Nishioka, he's #1 no one should discredit that.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      it's a pattern for him...he hates anyone that fights a rican fighter especially if the rican gets beaten.
                      First of all thats total BS

Second what I in my post constitute hating on Donaire. Just cuz I dont think he is the second comming of Jesus christ, doesnt mean I hate him.

I like his fighting style and I was stating the obvious!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X