Did Darren Barker impress you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Darren Barker impress you?

Will you continue to follow his fights?

For those that say he took a dive those shots perforated his eardrum, which would clearly explain why his balance was effected.

I'd like to see Barker in their with Chavez Jr next year

**** yeah he did, his record was obviously not fabricated. Good defense, jab, throws short acurate punches, very impressive.

Comment

Whats up with your weird obsession with Barker? Do you happen to be related to him?

And I'd probably favor Barker over Chavez Jr or Alvarez because I'm extremely unimpressed by both of them. Barker reminds me of a Clottey type fighter who should be able to beat fighters like Chavez Jr. or Alvarez.

Comment

He's alright. His gameplan saved him from being stopped sooner though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          **** yeah he did, his record was obviously not fabricated. Good defense, jab, throws short acurate punches, very impressive.

Waheyyy glad to hear it, he's a damn good fighter.
          The Dazzler will be back

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            Whats up with your weird obsession with Barker? Do you happen to be related to him?

And I'd probably favor Barker over Chavez Jr or Alvarez because I'm extremely unimpressed by both of them. Barker reminds me of a Clottey type fighter who should be able to beat fighters like Chavez Jr. or Alvarez.

He's my countryman & I've followed his career and always said he belonged at world level Just glad he performed well & hoping he's made a few fans last night

Comment

if his eardrum was perforated why couldn't he remember what happened in the post fight interview? he was acting like he was concussed from that little shot not just off balance. his story doesn't make sense. "diving" darren baker.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
                He's alright. His gameplan saved him from being stopped sooner though.

Yh I can't argue with that, it was a very good game plan & I'm glad he didn't allow Martinez to draw him onto big shots earlier on in the fight like he has many others. I actually felt Barker had very good success when he opened up, he showed some beautiful head movement, slips & counter punchers.

Comment

Nah man. Not at all.

He is a total bum and stinks fights up.

**** him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    if his eardrum was perforated why couldn't he remember what happened in the post fight interview? he was acting like he was concussed from that little shot not just off balance. his story doesn't make sense. "diving" darren baker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jQPMRLwIc

A big right hook ricocheted off his temple, you can see that hurt him & the cuffing shot to the ear area finished the job. He got everything into that punch even though it may of partially blocked I assure you that hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X