No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy: Legal Suit Won't Prevent Alvarez-Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy: Legal Suit Won't Prevent Alvarez-Hatton

Golden Boy Promotions have rejected claims that an ongoing legal battle with All Star Boxing will prevent next Saturday's fight between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and English boxer Matthew Hatton, who clash for the vacant junior middleweight title of the World Boxing Council at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. All Star Boxing sued Golden Boy for contract interference. Félix 'Tutito' Zabala, owner of All Star Boxing, is claiming that he has a valid promotional contract over Alvarez, who signed with Golden Boy last January.

[Click Here To Read More]

shut ur mouth zabla puto.

Comment

Comment

wtf is a rican promoter trying to **** with canelo?

Comment

The Racket Squad: Saul, Oscar and Arum.

Saul has a tendency of dropping his mitts when advancing and not working tough when his opponent strikes back.
          These are flaws that should be minor after a 50 contest career, even at the tender age of 20.
          Still, a guy like Hatton whose blood tells him to throw the left at any opening, could catch Alvarez asleep or even awake.
          The kids footwork is uneven and this could be a tougher matchup then I originally anticipated.

Regarding Golden Boy:
          Oscar is not the brightest bulb in the house so any disregard for previous contracts is the least of his problems.
          The business side of the fight racket requires a certain regard for showmanship.
          De La's bruised ego still haunts his promotional work.
          A guy like Arum can sell you every brand lousy of snake oil and then have you thanking him for it.
          If Pac/ Mosley ain't snake oil, I don't know what is.

Comment

The dont want him to fight for a WBC title? Is that even good promoting?

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
              Saul has a tendency of dropping his mitts when advancing and not working tough when his opponent strikes back.
              These are flaws that should be minor after a 50 contest career, even at the tender age of 20.
              Still, a guy like Hatton whose blood tells him to throw the left at any opening, could catch Alvarez asleep or even awake.
              The kids footwork is uneven and this could be a tougher matchup then I originally anticipated.

Regarding Golden Boy:
              Oscar is not the brightest bulb in the house so any disregard for previous contracts is the least of his problems.
              The business side of the fight racket requires a certain regard for showmanship.
              De La's bruised ego still haunts his promotional work.
              A guy like Arum can sell you every brand lousy of snake oil and then have you thanking him for it.
              If Pac/ Mosley ain't snake oil, I don't know what is.
              Alvarez hasn't had more than about 33-34 fights, not 50, but what bothers me is that Hatton is NOT a gifted fighter like Alvarez, and only barely 3 months ago was fighting welterweight, 7 lbs less than this fight. He's a life-long 147 lb'er and I think he's up against it this time. I'd like to see him win though. he tries hard, and was in his brother's shadow all through his own career.

Now, since Rick retired, he has had the chance to show himself on his own merits.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
                The dont want him to fight for a WBC title? Is that even good promoting?
                Not only that, it almost make it sound like if they were promoting him they would still be feeding him tomato cans. I think Baldomir and now Hatton are good steps for a 20 year old. I don't know if this kid is going to a be really good to great fighter but it will be fun watching the ride. This Zabala guy just sounds like he wants to make more money off the kid...
                Last edited by SluggerFan; 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

it shouldn't stop the fight, but hopefully it will stop the gift of the WBC 154 belt. If Oscar wants his hyped up kid to win a belt, they should at least fight someone in the rankings.

Comment

They think the fight with Hatton is a risk. lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X