No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chagaev Explains Why He Parted With Universum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chagaev Explains Why He Parted With Universum

Ruslan Chagaev, the former WBA heavyweight champion of the world, has been competing under German promotional company Universum for more than eight years since joining their team in 2004. In his interview with Allboxing.ru, Chagaev revealed some details regarding the plan to move his career into another direction in the very near future and commented on the reasons behind the move.

[Click Here To Read More]

I didn't read the article but I assume they were fighting over who sucks more at their profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I didn't read the article but I assume they were fighting over who sucks more at their profession.
      Chagaev ain't bad, brah.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Chagaev in shape/motivated is a top 10 contender, he took the Klitschko fight at 3 weeks notice and still lasted 10 rounds and was very competitive against Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
          Chagaev in shape/motivated is a top 10 contender, he took the Klitschko fight at 3 weeks notice and still lasted 10 rounds and was very competitive against Povetkin.
          He took the fight on 3 weeks notice but he was prepared for a Championship fight against Valuev!!!!!

Wlad took the fight on short notice to because David Haye pulls out but Wlad was prepared to fight Haye not a southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by jisi View Post
            He took the fight on 3 weeks notice but he was prepared for a Championship fight against Valuev!!!!!

Wlad took the fight on short notice to because David Haye pulls out but Wlad was prepared to fight Haye not a southpaw.
            Are you kidding me? Valuev is one of the worst and slowest paper heavyweight champions of all time, Wladimir is a A level fighter. 2 different fighters.

Haye is bigger hits harder and is fasters than Chagaev, Wladimir must of been sparring many cruiserweights the size of Chagaev.

Comment

Box-rec have Chagaev's height listed as 5'11 and he's a lot slower than Haye. Wlad is what 6'7?

Comment

I like that Chagaev wants to fight more often. I think it's great that Ruslan was able to take his career into his own hands and free himself of a promoter that wasn't getting him fights. One of the biggest problems with boxing today is that fights just aren't getting made. Everything moves at a glacier-like pace.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                  Box-rec have Chagaev's height listed as 5'11 and he's a lot slower than Haye. Wlad is what 6'7?
                  That makes it impressive he beat Valuev. That's a height difference of 36 centimetres or 14.17 inches. Can you think of any title fight with a comparable height disadvantage for one fighter??

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    That makes it impressive he beat Valuev. That's a height difference of 36 centimetres or 14.17 inches. Can you think of any title fight with a comparable height disadvantage for one fighter??

Of Course Chagaev did well , But lets remember a 46/ 47 year old Evander Holyfield got robbed on the scorecards in germany against Valuev so lets cut the bull**** out that Valuev is a world class athlete with A level power or skills. Valuev's best asset is his chin, not his boxing skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X