Leonard vs Hearns II who won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Is it fair BTW?

I mean if not for the KD Douglas would have taken the round (at least) 10-9. Because of the KD he loses not one but two points.

I suppose an even round would be a better call, but I'd bet the judges scored it for Tyson. It would be interesting to see the judges cards.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Is it fair BTW?

I mean if not for the KD Douglas would have taken the round (at least) 10-9. Because of the KD he loses not one but two points.
      Whether it's fair or not.....well, I look at it philisophically: At least Douglas doesn't get slapped with a 10-8 against him which I'm certain a lot of people would knee-jerk give him because of the knockdown.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        Agreed, see point 2, thats probably how I would have scored it too. But as for 9:9 rounds, do they not automatically become 10:10 under the must system? I've known colour commentators score a round 9:9, but I'm not convinced that the 10 point 'must' system allows it from a judges view point.

Not that it makes any difference overall. I may be wrong of course.
        I cringe when I hear announcers do that: They're speaking in the heat of the moment without thinking it through.

Yeah, it isn't adjusted up to 10-10.....the protocol is to score the round THEN take off any points deducted by the ref. This CAN make for some interesting calculus when you have multiple point deductions ie Tyson-Ruddock II.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          I cringe when I hear announcers do that: They're speaking in the heat of the moment without thinking it through.

Yeah, it isn't adjusted up to 10-10.....the protocol is to score the round THEN take off any points deducted by the ref. This CAN make for some interesting calculus when you have multiple point deductions ie Tyson-Ruddock II.

Poet

Yea Tyson Ruddock 2! Nightmare, the commentary was poor that night too....

Comment

i had hearns by 4 points, thought it was a highly competetive fight but had a clear winner. i think hearns had 6 rounds in the bag, big rounds that u cant take away from him. so he won by 2 points even if u gave ray every round u possibly could, u would have to take rounds that were clearly not his and give to leonard to have it a draw. it was a robbery in other words.

Comment

Working...
            X