Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell on Leaving Haymon, Joining TMT Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell on Leaving Haymon, Joining TMT Promotions

The formation of TMT (The Money Team) Promotions created a buzz and excitement in the sport that resonated with a lot of fans as the thought of a new company headed by boxing’s biggest star Floyd Mayweather Jr was a breath of fresh air. Nobody was more excited than Super Middleweight contender Andre Dirrell who was one of the first fighters signed to TMT Promotions last month.

The Flint, MI native has been out of the ring for quite some time with just one fight in the last 2 and half years. A head injury in 2010 during his fight with Arthur Abraham sidelined him for over a year as he recovered and was evaluated. In addition, Dirrell severed ties with then promoter Gary Shaw and in a move the surprised most, he also ended his professional relationship with the very powerful Al Haymon. [Click Here To Read More]

I'll be impressed with TMT when they actually get some fights going. Good signings... but nothing has happened yet. I know they need more time, just saying

Comment

Does this mean Haymon isn't involved with TMT?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Does this mean Haymon isn't involved with TMT?
        I was wondering the same but why did he "leave" Haymon? Haymon is not a promoter...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          I was wondering the same but why did he "leave" Haymon? Haymon is not a promoter...
          Conspiracy theory, but Haymon reminds me of the main bad guy in the Breaking Bad TV show through season 4. Except the chicken business would be the TMT business... well I guess there are chickens in their stable. Point is, the guy is becoming more low key with this whole TMT front.

Comment

who cares about what Dirrell does. The main question is if Floyd is still working with Al?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              who cares about what Dirrell does. The main question is if Floyd is still working with Al?
              That is a good question.

Comment

Hmmm...I thought Al was a part of TMT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                  That is a good question.
                  thanks

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Hmmm...I thought Al was a part of TMT.
                  This is what I was led to believe also

Comment

hmm.. whats really going on??