No announcement yet.

will donaire ever be p4p number 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    lol some serious dislike for donaire I take it.

what elite fighters were there for him to fight that he didn't? Mares???
    Actually I like Donaire and feel he has the talent to be an ATG. I'm actually hoping he gets it together as he could be on the greatest fighters of all time in the lower weight classes.

If only there was a way to plant Darchinyan's heart/mentality into Donaire....then Nonito could have passed Manny and Floyd in the p4p rankings.....or at the very least be right up their in the same breath.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

really man, I done discussing this with you...especially after that bolded part.

Like I said, 2-3 year he will be in the same place career wise as he is now.

you can't be great pulling a "1 hot win, every 4 year average". Truly great fighters, the kind that become p4p #1, are at the top of the sport due to consistency....something Donaire will never have.
      yup! really and 2- 3 years you'll still talk about donaire that his better than Pacquiao, trinidad or barrera the real fighters you follow. what has agbeko, mares or moreno done?

your just a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
        yup! really and 2- 3 years you'll still talk about donaire that his better than Pacquiao, trinidad or barrera the real fighters you follow. what has agbeko, mares or moreno done?

your just a hater.
        Actually I'm pulling for Donaire to be great, but at some point reality has to kick in.

He is going to be 30 this year and the window is slowly closing.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          good argument.
          yes it is.... i like

Comment

Actually I'm pulling for Donaire to be great, but at some point reality has to kick in.

Then you don't know nothing about boxing, donaire just turn 29. Donaire hasn't taken that much punishments. unlike cotto, margarito or pacquiao that at 32 theyre out of their prime.

At 34 Mayweather is still young. at 35 Martinez is still young. also at 31 Pirog is still young because they haven't taken that much punishments. Unlike Morales at 30 he was done.

Comment

I agree with you 100%. What do you think of the Vazquez jr. fight? I think Vazquez has a chance to pull this win off.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                I agree with you 100%. What do you think of the Vazquez jr. fight? I think Vazquez has a chance to pull this win off.
                Not sure as I really haven't sat down and analyzed this fight.

I'm just glad it will be in my backyard and I'll get a chance to see it live.

Comment

too much expectations here for Donaire who's barely trying to emerge out of Pac's shadow

himself could be partly blamed, and so does Arum

Moreno ducked him and no one can held it against him

Comment

It's always wise to attempt to capitalize on a spectacular finish in a significant fight.Donaire was hot property after he rendered Montiel senseless last year,then he went and took one giant sh^t on that momentum he had going for him by pissing around with promotional issues and ended up spending the rest of the year out because of it.

He's ******ed,basically.I'd personally love to see him take Mares' head off,but that's probably not going to happen now.Lopez is made for him but I doubt crusty Bob will sacrifice him.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      he also has some underrated victories...he absolutely destroyed Volodymyr Sydorenko, who gave Anselmo Moreno everything he could possibly handle twice. Hernan Marquez went on to become a champ and of course had a fight of the year candidate with Concepcion.
                      People ignore all of that

The only 2 fighters Donaire EVER fought is Vic and Montiel

Comment

Working...
                      X