Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fight Was/Is Bigger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the PPV #'s out of it. Tito-Oscar was the fight of the millenium going in. That was Leonard-Hearns going in. Tito undefeated champion, tall lengthy with 1 punch KO punch power (Hearns). Oscar undefeated champion former gold medalist, media darling, crossover superstar (Leonard). I mean they were so many similarities going in. King vs Arum. But, IMO what made Tito-Oscar bigger is that it was for all the marbles. Championship was on the line, undefeated record was on the line, P4P supremacy was on the line and bragging rights in the division was on the line. And, both fighters were at their primes. It was really for all the marbles. And, as big as Pac-Mayweather in the WW picture the winner will still have to beat Mosley to be consider man. While Tito-Oscar being the man in the WW and P4P was on the line going in. So it was Tito-Oscar. Now it did not turned out to be a great fight. But, going into it that fight was bigger. But, Pac-Floyd would do more PPV #'s at the end of the day might be a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Take the PPV #'s out of it. Tito-Oscar was the fight of the millenium going in. That was Leonard-Hearns going in. Tito undefeated champion, tall lengthy with 1 punch KO punch power (Hearns). Oscar undefeated champion former gold medalist, media darling, crossover superstar (Leonard). I mean they were so many similarities going in. King vs Arum. But, IMO what made Tito-Oscar bigger is that it was for all the marbles. Championship was on the line, undefeated record was on the line, P4P supremacy was on the line and bragging rights in the division was on the line. And, both fighters were at their primes. It was really for all the marbles. And, as big as Pac-Mayweather in the WW picture the winner will still have to beat Mosley to be consider man. While Tito-Oscar being the man in the WW and P4P was on the line going in. So it was Tito-Oscar. Now it did not turned out to be a great fight. But, going into it that fight was bigger. But, Pac-Floyd would do more PPV #'s at the end of the day might be a better fight.
      You make some good points but dont forget guys like RJ was still around. I think he was going to be #1 no matter what. Right now its Pac & Floyd, and then everyone else. You can say that both guys would have to beat Mosley but Mosley did just recently lose to Cotto and his only win was against Margarito without the plaster so I think both of these guys will be seen as over him. Floyd was rated #1 at WW when he retired and most sites now have Pac #1. I do agree that the winner should fight Shane but I dont think anyone is going to look at it like Shane is the man in that fight. You compare the other fight to Leonard-Hearns but this is like Leonard-Duran or Whittake-Chavez. Both big fights though so its hard to pick

Comment

Working...
      X