Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye vs Chisora - your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to it. Let the winner get KO'd by Price next.

Whether it should be taking place, I guess why not. They
    both made boxing/boxers, the whole fight game, look like
    a joke to the wider public. This fight can do no worse
    than has already been done.
    Last edited by Lostlinka; 05-20-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I'm against it because it's a slap in the face against the BBBofC, to stage a show on British soil without the backing of the British Board is wrong.

Comment

Why would any boxing fan be against it? I was delighted when I heard they were going to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
          I don't see how any boxing fan could be against this fight.
          Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
          I don't know who would me against it.... It's a solid fight.
          Originally posted by Stannis View Post
          I guess people would rather see one of the K bro's jab some fat, plodding cruiserweights for 12 rounds.
          Originally posted by thepower View Post
          Why would any boxing fan be against it? I was delighted when I heard they were going to fight.
          WHY WOULD ANY BOXING FAN BE AGAINST IT?

Maybe because some fans believe boxers that act like total ****s to promote themselves and shame boxing shouldnt be rewarded with a massive payday.

They are both embarrassments to the sport and deserve soem kind of punishment. I would be all for the fight if they had been punished somehow beforehand. But i dont see how they have been.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            WHY WOULD ANY BOXING FAN BE AGAINST IT?

Maybe because some fans believe boxers that act like total ****s to promote themselves and shame boxing shouldnt be rewarded with a massive payday.

They are both embarrassments to the sport and deserve soem kind of punishment. I would be all for the fight if they had been punished somehow beforehand. But i dont see how they have been.
            So you tell me you never watch any fights of Tyson, Lewis, Rahman, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Bowe,..... ? Because ALL OF THEM behaved like Chisora and Haye at some point in their career.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
              So you tell me you never watch any fights of Tyson, Lewis, Rahman, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Bowe,..... ? Because ALL OF THEM behaved like Chisora and Haye at some point in their career.
              If it happens, il watch it. I never said i wouldnt.

But i also strongly believe fighters shouldnt get away with that behavior.
              If ANY fighter acts like a ****, they should be punished. Either by having their purse withheld, or fined or banned for a while.

Chisora and Haye have behaved like morons for a while, so in this instance, i dont see how anyone can argue they should be rewarded with a big payday.

Comment

Klitschko leftovers fighting without a license for the rights to land another Klitschko fight... the brothers are getting the popcorn ready as we write.

Comment

Originally posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
                  I'm against it because it's a slap in the face against the BBBofC, to stage a show on British soil without the backing of the British Board is wrong.
                  Why do they have a right to a monopoly?

They themselves work with Sauerland in Germany under Austrian license. Where is the problem in someone doing it in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post

Chisora has been punished. He got fined. He had his license taken. You think he should have been banned for a year or so? Well the BBBC had that option and didn't take it. How is it Chisora's fault that the BBBC didn't give a ban?

They took his license, and told him he could go get another one elsewhere. And that's what he did. Chisora has been punished, and if you don't think it's enough, then that is the fault of the BBBC itself.

As for Haye, in that situation, many can kind of understand a "self defence" excuse for what he did. As far as I'm aware, he isn't known for being violent--I mean outside of the ring--so cut him some slack imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Decypher View Post
                      Chisora has been punished. He got fined. He had his license taken. You think he should have been banned for a year or so? Well the BBBC had that option and didn't take it. How is it Chisora's fault that the BBBC didn't give a ban?

They took his license, and told him he could go get another one elsewhere. And that's what he did. Chisora has been punished, and if you don't think it's enough, then that is the fault of the BBBC itself.

As for Haye, in that situation, many can kind of understand a "self defence" excuse for what he did. As far as I'm aware, he isn't known for being violent--I mean outside of the ring--so cut him some slack imo.
                      With both Haye and Chisora it wasnt just the brawl, it is also how they have conducted themselves recently.
                      I think there should be a limit to how extremely moronic a boxer is allowed to behave.
                      With Chisora, the slapping, spitting and threats to Haye were worthy of a ban. Will he learn from the fine? Maybe, but if he is going to fight Haye, then the fine means nothing. His bank account will be larger than ever after Haye.
                      And with Haye, the punch could be seen as self defence, true, but he was there, shouting his mouth off again, and doing so because he was never pulled up for talking all the **** he did before his fight against Wlad. Just the gang rape comment alone should have got him a fine at least.
                      Having their licenses taken away obviously hasnt worked.
                      The fact is, they are still been rewarded with a big payday soon precisely for acting like ****s. Thats my problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X