Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now all of a sudden Bradley sucks and Cotto is reborn? LOL.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now all of a sudden Bradley sucks and Cotto is reborn? LOL.

This hypocrisy is hillarious!

What happened to the days of "why doesnt Pac face a young black hungry lion in his prime like Bradley and stop picking on old, shot, weight drained fighters"? Now all of a sudden since this fight is all but signed, what we hear is "Bradley sucks and Pac is going to steamroll him" "Who has Bradley beat" "Why is Pac fighting a 140lber" Etc..

I personally believe that although Bradley is an excellent fighter, he comes in with wild winging punches and its going to cost him in this fight. Bradley will have his moments, but Pac will catch him on the way in and KO him.

Now on to Miguel Cotto.

When Cotto/Pacquiao was signed, the haters came out in abundance and spoke about how Pac was fighting a guy who's shot, just got beaten down with Plaster, and is a shell of his former self. Not to mention that although Cotto at the time was a WW fighter and in his previous bout against Clottey came in on weigh in day just 1lb heavier than he did for Pac, they accused Pac of SEVERELY weight draining Cotto in order to gain an advantage. Lets also not forget that during the post fight interview when asked if the weight effected him in anyway, Cotto replied with "no I felt good. The problem wasnt the weight, it was Pacquiao's speed. I didnt know where the punches were coming from".

Fast forward 2.5yrs and now Cotto is scheduled to fight Mayweather. Listening to the diehard Floydboyz is hillarious. All of a sudden we hear how Cotto miraculously went from being shot to damn near prime again! I've heard how he is practically reborn and a new fighter under his new coach. While I agree that Cotto does indeed look like he's back on the right track, lets take a look at who he's fought since getting pummeled by Pac. The one-legged Jew Yuri Foreman and even in that fight Yuri was giving Cotto fits up until he blew out his knee. Shot to **** Mayorga. One-eyed Willy Margarito. I give Cotto props for redeeming himself against Marg, but its hard to give too much credit for the other 2.

The truth is Floyd needed a marketable opponent for May 5th and Cotto fit the bill. Fighting at 154 makes it look good on paper but we all know that no matter what the weight, Cotto will be too slow for Floyd. I like Cotto and will always be a fan, but he has about a 10% chance of winning this fight. So lets stop making this more than what it is. It will be entertaining but Cotto will get outclassed over 12rnds. I hope I'm wrong.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Deevel916; 02-06-2012, 04:06 PM.

please. most ppl on this site always felt that way. most dont like bradley and most worship cotto. its not all of a sudden. shut up with this ****.

Comment

*****s I tell you.

Comment

Actually no one ever said that.

We simply said the fight is at a comfortable 154.

Comment

#*****Problems

Comment

I never understand threads like this. People have different opinions. Just because some people were saying one thing a few years ago doesn't mean everybody felt the same way. There's no hypocrisy it's just different people with different opinions. Unless you can go back and find specific posts proving that the same people who said Cotto was shot when he fought Pac are now saying Cotto is still in his prime, this thread is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              *****s I tell you.
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                #*****Problems
                weren't you the pinoy who said Donaire was top 15 ATG?

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  *****s I tell you.
                  nothing more needs to be said

Comment

I really dont like bradley although overated I respect his talent...Its a good fight respect to manny

Comment

Working...
                    X