Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime should combine and make a Boxing Channel.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO and Showtime should combine and make a Boxing Channel.

I do not have showtime but I have to get it now with all of the super middleweights over there. Imagine if these two networks instead of competing with one another combined and they are capable of putting on awesome boxing matches every weekend.

No, I can't imagine it.

Comment

there's not enough demand and interest for a boxing channel.

I would watch it for sure, but we're in the minority.

Comment

no not going to happen, but they play replays of old fight on weekdays and live ones on saturday

Comment

i kinda agree but it shouldnt be HBO and Showtime. cable should make a fight channel where you would showcase both boxing and mma all day everyday like NBA TV. I agree with 1 of the other posters that boxing by itself doesnt generate enough interest for its own channel and neither does mma but i think combining them would work. I would subscribe to it.

Comment

yeeeeeeeah

that's like saying democrats and republicans should combine and make one political party

Comment

I don't think they have a love for Boxing to run a channel with their competitors. All they care about is money, and I don't believe neither would invest their money to a single Boxing channel when they simply can make the best of it under their own banner.

The Promoters should be the ones helping put Boxing back on a broader scale. HBO isn't playing the role of UNICEF for Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                yeeeeeeeah

that's like saying democrats and republicans should combine and make one political party
                There used to be one... Not sure if you knew that, atleast I think their was. Thomas Jefferson was part of a group called the democratic republicans or some ****..

Comment

It took them two years to negotiate the Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson fight. They could never work together on a regular basis even though it makes sense in theory.

Comment

Terrible idea if this was to be a premium channel. Only die-hard boxing fans would subscribe, and the sports popularity would drastically drop. At least now regular people can catch a boxing fight on HBO or Showtime, even by stumbling upon it by accident. When if it had its own channel, they'd never see it.

Same thing for regular cable. Only boxing fans would intentionally watch that channel, while if HBO and Showtime or even ESPN stopped showing it themselves, nobody would watch boxing outside of the people actually looking for those fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X