Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas owner Jones doubled Clottey's Pay!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and jerry jones should have also doubled pacquiao's pay. It was pacquiao doing all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
      and jerry jones should have also doubled pacquiao's pay. It was pacquiao doing all the work.
      don't worry about pac.

jones will be throwing out $30-40 million for site fee to pac-ssm/pbf

Comment

Originally posted by Glock View Post
        don't worry about pac.

jones will be throwing out $30-40 million for site fee to pac-ssm/pbf
        he did offer 25M for Pac-Pbf, which was supposedly matched by MGM. Next time around, Jones will offer more than 25M because he knew he lost at the 25M bid.

Comment

I dislike the cowboys. Jerry is what every owner should be in dedicated to excellence. Jerry makes the Nfl better and the Dallas area relevant. For him to give Clottey an extra 1.5 mil shows he is not a greedy old man. BoB needs to learn from Jerry.

Comment

This is good news for him but not for most boxing fans. Joshua Clottey doesn't deserve that amount of money for his lackluster performence. I seriosuly doubt he will ever be on a PPV Main Event ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
              he did offer 25M for Pac-Pbf, which was supposedly matched by MGM. Next time around, Jones will offer more than 25M because he knew he lost at the 25M bid.
              the $25m was just his starting offer too.

he even said he'd go higher but schaeffer wouldn't come meet with him.

i said it before and i'll say it again.

drug testing is not why pac-pbf happened.

cowboys stadium/top rank/jerry jones/scheaffer/golden boy/mgm grand is the reason.

people say no one refuses/requests drug testing for that kind of money.

they're right.

the reason is golden boy/mgm grand and top rank/jerry jones AND it's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Comment

No way in hell Floyd is fighting in Texas with Arums friend Jerry Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  No way in hell Floyd is fighting in Texas with Arums friend Jerry Jones.
                  i agree. And its a shame because they could easily reconfigured the stadium and break the nba all star attendance of around 110K for pacquiao-mayweather. And try to fit in 120-150K. They will be a record of sorts, for the indoor attendance, as well as the PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    yeah not sure how does "site fee" works ...
                    1 of 2 ways.......

1. someone actually "buys" the gate for a set figure, and they market and sell the tickets, keeping all ticket revenue. (more risk, but more potential profit)

2. someone puts up a "guarantee" number. They keep all gate revenue up to that number, and anything over that number is split between them and the promotion based on whatever split they agreed to. (less risk, but less potential profit)

Based on some Arum comments about Jones actually "buying" tickets for the Cowboy guests, this had to be a "guarantee" site deal, otherwise Jones wouldnt have to account to Top Rank for anything. He could have done whatever he wanted with the tickets.
                    Last edited by OnePunch; 03-15-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X