Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judges should have monitors when they score fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    If we can't even use slow motion cameras to correct referee errors or judging errors then what makes you think we're gonna give the judges monitors?
    I said I think they should get television monitors. It's probably up to the states athletic commissions. But I doubt the commission would splurge the extra money to pay for it.

Comment

Just let them stand in the ring. They can walk out of the way as the fighters and ref get too close.

Comment

What if they used the refs headcam like they showed today? That would be a good view

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          This has nothing to do with what he said lol
          I know but they could have a screen in their face and watch the fights in slow motion and will score it how they were told to in some of these fights

Comment

If anything put them in a position like a tennis judge. It will look ridiculous but, they'll have a clear view.

Comment

2017 and the same sh.it going on. These judges are too old and incompetent. I had it a draw but 118 to 110 is a joke. Judges don't need to be ringside.

Comment

In this day and age more can definitely be done to make sure there are not bad cards like this. The 1st thing is have the judges see the fight from the same angle.

You can fairly argue that the angle one watches a live fight determines how the score(not that that excuse byrd's 118-110 score).

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  It's 2015 and the technology is available. The commentators have them at ring side so why can't the judges have them as well? It would help put an end to these ridiculous scores that we've been getting over the years.
                  Ive said this before! To be honest I think there should be 5 judges, 2 of them should be locked in a room watching the fight from a monitor with 0 sound. If anything itd be cool to see how differently they score the fight from the 3 other ringside judges.

Also I think ESPECIALLY in Vegas with all the $ on the line, the judges should be subject to random polygraph testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Ive said this before! To be honest I think there should be 5 judges, 2 of them should be locked in a room watching the fight from a monitor with 0 sound. If anything itd be cool to see how differently they score the fight from the 3 other ringside judges.

Also I think ESPECIALLY in Vegas with all the $ on the line, the judges should be subject to random polygraph testing.
                    That's interesting

Comment

I think they should have different vantage points than they do now. I can't believe looking up through the ropes is the best angle for them to see all the action. Either put them above the ring or behind closed doors with a monitor with headphones on and no sound .
                      Also, I don't think the promoters or anyone should know who's judging the fights beforehand. All that does is give them a chance to bribe them or whatever it is they do to influence their cards. Too much incompetence and corruption going on in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X