Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia-Khan: Re-watched. Opinions please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story goes that Khan walked the first 2 rounds but having watched them again with the sound off they are pretty close with Khan landing more but lighter shots and Garcia less but more hurtful ones. I gave both of those rounds to Khan but not by much.It is very clear Garcia is physically much stronger than Khan and hits much harder but is not as fast. Garcia was winning the 3rd before the Knock Down and looked to be getting more comfortable and looking like he was taking over.

Comment

On reflection there was a clear change of tactics by Garcia in round 3. The commentary pointed out that he was clearly targeting the body more and it slowed Khan down who wasnt as quick in the 3rd as he was in the 1st two. The Garcia swings that were missing by a mile were getting closer and closer and Dannyis defence and timing seemed to nullify Khans strengths. At the end of round 2 though it looked as if teh cut may force a stoppage and Danny seemed abit confused but he got his compsure back to start the next round.

Khan will tell himself that next time all he has to do is not rush in and he will win but as we saw vs Molina he still leaves his chin in the air when letting his hands go and a puncher will always catch him full force. Cant call it a lucky punch because Danny was looking for that shot all night and I think he gets him with it next time too allbeit in a longer fight. Only concern for Danny is if his skin doesnt hold up.

Comment

Its interesting that after 3 pages of replies we haven't seen anyone say that it was a lucky punch and Khan will beat Garcia in the rematch. It seemed like opinion was split 50/50 over the last few days.

Comment

It definitley wasn't a lucky punch since he keeps KOing people left and right with the same punch. That lefz hook is Danny's bread and butter. Anyone that's gonna fight with Danny needs to find a solution for that left hook. He was zeroing in on Khan and Khan wasn't giving enough respect to Danny's power

Comment

Khan most def won rounds 1 and 2, but by rd 3. Garcia was getting to him. And after watching it again, I was like wow..Khan got away with alot of dirt..elbow..pushing head down..etc..
            Was Garcia underated I think so, and was Khan overated I think so. Khan is still a very good fighter..his hands are really fast and combos are a thing of beauty, but..If he fights some one with a good chin..and good power..he is in trouble..Since his style of throwing combos leaves him open to get caught. And his chin is below avg in my opinion.

Comment

Garcia gave awya rds 1 and 2 so he could see what Kan was gonna do. He figured it out, timed him, and bang!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                Its interesting that after 3 pages of replies we haven't seen anyone say that it was a lucky punch and Khan will beat Garcia in the rematch. It seemed like opinion was split 50/50 over the last few days.
                If you want a small amount of controversy, i dont think it would need a big adjustment from Khan to beat Garcia... whether he has mental ability to do even a small change is debatable...

He sticks to basics, and never throws an uppercut ever again hell give Garcia a world of trouble. Oh and mix up the attack even a tiny bit to throw off timing.

Comment

Khan dominated the first 2 rounds due to his activity. Once Garcia adjusted to his timing in the 3rd round it was just a matter of time before Khan got caught with something big. You could see it in the beginning of the 3rd, Garcia was figuring him out quickly.
                  I think Khan and Roach didn't think Garcia could hurt him and came in with an arrogant gameplan and got what they deserved.

Comment

Halfway through round 2 and after the low blow Khan didn't feel threatened at all and lost all respect for Garcia

For some reason Khan felt he would be able to get him out of there...

Got wild got KO'd

Comment

Khan was winning the first couple of rounds but Garcia was already putting quality of work in.

Watching that video again re-enforces my thoughts how dirty Khan fights. Headbutts, elbows, pushing and holding behind the neck.

LOL at Khan's comment that he had an easier time with Garcia than the opponent of his last fight. He looked like the sam ol Khan to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X