Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time I really fell off a motorcycle today..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time I really fell off a motorcycle today..

I mean I've dropped one before when I first learned to ride but never really fell of it.
    I was coming to a stop and it stalled a little bit. jerked and blam..
    didn't get hurt. messed up the right rear view mirror a lil bit but surprisingly didn't really scratch or mess up anything. the tank is flat black so it's not like you can tell if anything would have happened anyway.
    anyone ever fell of a motorcycle?

I used to have a dirt bike when i was younger. My parents had a small shack at a camping spot and we spent our weekends and most of the summer there.

I hurt myself a couple of times trying to catch some jumps.

I had just bought my dirt bike, must have been 15. All my friends already had either bikes or quads. So i figured i'd impress everybody by catching some air even though i could barely drive that thing. First jump i ever tried, landed a only on the back wheel and i fell pretty hard, i hit my head so hard that a part of my helmet was cracked. I just layed there on my back while everybody ran towards me, i wasn't hurt, i was just ashamed that i had wiped out in front of everybody.

I figured if i acted hurt nobody would say ****.

Comment

Can't say that I have. I've been tempted to get me a bike for a long time. But I already know if I got one, it would be the death of me. Took my buddies Gixxer 750 out a few times, and I could already feel the evil come out of me. ****, I have owned cars that were faster, but the experince of speed on a bike is amplified compared to a car. I'm getting old, ain't I, Sin.....

Comment

I'm not so much into road bikes. But i have to get myself another dirt bike or a quad some day, riding those in the woods is ****ing awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          I used to have a dirt bike when i was younger. My parents had a small shack at a camping spot and we spent our weekends and most of the summer there.

I hurt myself a couple of times trying to catch some jumps.

I had just bought my dirt bike, must have been 15. All my friends already had either bikes or quads. So i figured i'd impress everybody by catching some air even though i could barely drive that thing. First jump i ever tried, landed a only on the back wheel and i fell pretty hard, i hit my head so hard that a part of my helmet was cracked. I just layed there on my back while everybody ran towards me, i wasn't hurt, i was just ashamed that i had wiped out in front of everybody.

I figured if i acted hurt nobody would say ****.
          dude, two of my buddies where with me so I won't here the end of this for a month! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Can't say that I have. I've been tempted to get me a bike for a long time. But I already know if I got one, it would be the death of me. Took my buddies Gixxer 750 out a few times, and I could already feel the evil come out of me. ****, I have owned cars that were faster, but the experince of speed on a bike is amplified compared to a car. I'm getting old, ain't I, Sin.....
            Nah, I know what you mean. It's that little adrenaline drive inside you that just wants to go faster, see how quick you can take a corner, etc.
            I have that little devil inside me as well, I think everyone does. It just depends on wether you can control it.
            Me, I like cruisers but I mostly stick to cruisers. I love bobbers.
            The only thing that's kept me from buying a sport bike is that I know it would probably be the death of me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              Nah, I know what you mean. It's that little adrenaline drive inside you that just wants to go faster, see how quick you can take a corner, etc.
              I have that little devil inside me as well, I think everyone does. It just depends on wether you can control it.
              Me, I like cruisers but I mostly stick to cruisers. I love bobbers.
              The only thing that's kept me from buying a sport bike is that I know it would probably be the death of me as well.
              Sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders. I know some dudes about your age that went straight to 1000cc bikes, and are f.ucked fot life because they didn't respect just how much power they had. "A man has got to know his limitations."

Comment

Are your shoes ok ?

Comment

Many times with my Yamaha DT lightweight motorcycle when I was 16-17, also later. I still have it after over 10 years as I'm not very good in selling my stuff away, anyway it's worth way under 1000€ in this day so why to sell as it's fun to ride in the forest, though a bit heavy compared to MX or enduro bike.

Once I was forced to take it down on the gravel road. It was a bit shady as the night was falling. Speed was about 55 mph, I was coming out of the corner and felt something was wrong. Quick look at the side and I saw a fallen electricity pole on the field. The wire went over the road about 3-4 feet high about 30 yards in front of me so there was no way I could stop the bike in that distance on the gravel, or ride under it. So I locked the rear brake and took the bike down and slided under it. The bike took some scrathes and the left mirror broke up but I was OK, picked the up bike and rode home.

Also, showing your driving skills on a wet grass is not a very clever thing to do, especially if you have a street tire in front like I had then.

I guess I have been lucky as I always took these things seriously, reading magazines, articles about driving technique, what to do in exceptional situations and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    It's the acceleration that makes the difference, you can't find many stock sportscars that make 0-125mph (0-200kph) in 7-8 seconds. The power-weight ratio of a 600-1000cc sportsbike is just overwhelming compared to the car.
                    Last edited by khepesh; 09-25-2009, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X