No announcement yet.

How to improve handspeed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to improve handspeed??

Is there any good drills for this cause the speed bag by itself just isn't working

read this:
    http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...-and-exercises

Comment

The most important factor to attaining maximum speed is relaxation. Relaxing is first a state of mind which then becomes a physical reality. I guess,instead of supplementing the speed with strength and accuracy, focus on balance and coordination and that will help you to focus on.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuelmayers View Post
        The most important factor to attaining maximum speed is relaxation. Relaxing is first a state of mind which then becomes a physical reality. I guess,instead of supplementing the speed with strength and accuracy, focus on balance and coordination and that will help you to focus on.
        I don't follow sorry so if I'm relaxed and balanced I go faster?

Comment

picture a towel being used as a whip.

you know, when you lift the towel with a light-relaxing motion and suddenly pull the towel in the other direction as quick as you can?

try and do the same with your hands, but try end the punch with a twist of the wrist and a tense forearm and fist. DON'T TENSE UNTIL you are around half way to the target. As soon as you have hit the target, get used to a flicking/recoiling motion so you can quickly pull your hands back to your face and follow up with more punches, left-right-left-right as quick as you can.

you'll greatly improve your speed and power doing this. it's all about acceleration. just have a play around with it, Ali had the perfect example of fast whipping/flicking style punches. watch him if you don't get it.

remember footwork helps too, get used to moving around shifting all your weight from your front foot to the back and forth etc. when you get good balance and flow, your hand speed increases.

it's good practice to roll with your punches with good head/upper body movement.

hope some of this helped lol

Comment

Originally posted by ad98 View Post
            I don't follow sorry so if I'm relaxed and balanced I go faster?
            basically. dickie smalls is explaining it quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by ad98 View Post
              Is there any good drills for this cause the speed bag by itself just isn't working
              You have to work on your Delivery, Technique, Knowledge and execution of each punch.

Comment

Working...
              X