Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Lee is Ready For Chavez; VADA Testing Preferred

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Lee is Ready For Chavez; VADA Testing Preferred

Promoter Lou DiBella advised BoxingScene.com that middleweight contender Andy Lee (27-1, 19KOs) is ready and willing to face WBC champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs). Chavez returned to the ring on Saturday night in San Antonio, Texas, and won a twelve round unanimous decision over Marco Antonio Rubio. Shortly after the fight, Chavez's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, mentioned Lee as a possible opponent for the Mexican champion's next fight. Arum has already spoken with HBO, who appear to be on board with the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

My girlfriend doesnt watch boxing but said the kid needs to learn how to box

Comment

Vada would be great. But, that just means that Chavez-Lee isn't happening.

BTW, why aren't Martinez and Macklin going through VADA?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Vada would be great. But, that just means that Chavez-Lee isn't happening.

Well I think it's because neither Martinez nor Macklin gain 20 pounds after the weight in.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          Well I think it's because neither Martinez nor Macklin gain 20 pounds after the weight in.
          Oh is that the reason why?

Comment

You want the fight but set up a road block that would prevent the fight

Genius

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Because they dont rehydrate 20 pounds automatically means they arent taking anything

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I'm disappointing they didn't go through with it too.

Comment

Its funny how Roach on one hand has a fighter that demands catchweights so the guy he is fighting cant blow up on fight night, then on the other hand he has the biggest offender of the practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    Its funny how Roach on one hand has a fighter that demands catchweights so the guy he is fighting cant blow up on fight night, then on the other hand he has the biggest offender of the practice.
                    More to do with Arum then Roach

He doesnt handle these issues

Comment

Working...
                    X