No announcement yet.

Predict the next multiple weight champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict the next multiple weight champs

Who do you guys think will be the next boxers to win titles in more than one weight class like Pac, Floyd, JMM etc (next 5 years or so)? At the same time, have at predicting a p4p list too!

Discuss...

Andre Ward- up to HW

Peter Quillin at least grabs a SMW belt

Danny Garcia gets WW, maybe more

Lara gets MW

Thurman gets WW and JMW

Bradley gets JMW

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz

Roman Gonzalez

Mikey Garcia

Andre Ward

Comment

Roman and maybe ioka

Comment

It's really not that special of an accomplishment today with a sea of belts floating around, you have a guy like Broner bragging about being a 3 division world champion. Dude would have never even sniffed a title fight in the one belt per division era.
          Last edited by _original_; 12-24-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            It's really not that special of an accomplishment today with a sea of belts floating around, you have a guy like Broner bragging about being a 3 division world champion. Dude would have never even sniffed a title fight in the one belt per division era.
            Thank you!

Comment

I want less Multiple weight champions unless these fighters actually fight for true lineal titles within the divisions..

Manny 8weight champ? Floyd 5weight champ? Not really, it should be 4-weight champion and 3-weight champion respectively - now thats impressive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_
                Spot on.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I take some of your points guys, for sure there is I think maybe too many belts and too many divisions, which takes away from the accomplishments in many ways, on occasion. I'm more interested in the rare fighters who will have these accomplishments over a longer period and prove to be legit, not found out as paper champs or hype jobs a-la Broner.

Comment

My post was stolen by Original.

I was going to say there's bound to be a lot of them, because there seems to be a weight class for every 2-3lbs, and 4 major titles, with the WBC having like 5-6 other titles and they keep inventing new ones. There's also the WBA Super, Regular, Interim.

You ca not forget about the title that Mundine and Mosley fought for, the WBC Intergalactic title.

Comment

Working...
                    X