Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Paul Williams/Trinidad have beaten Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a prime Oscar, who's best weight was 147, could push floyd all the way. He was competitive with floyd when he was more interested in coke and fishnets, so I believe a younger, hungrier Oscar could have beat him.
    I think a prime cotto would have been very competitive with floyd. Before the margarito beat down, Miguel was a beast on a great run tearing through the top 10. Beating foreman, a past it mayorga and a past it one eyed margarito did nothing to prove he had recovered from the pacqiaou mauling. Still he was able to land on floyd and was as competitive as anyone has been with him (Castillo 1 not included).
    Forest had the combination of speed, pop, range and most importantly IQ to trouble any welterweight, floyd included. I think he would have had the best shot of taking the 0 from the recent memory 147 fighters.

Comment

Before golovkin there was still pirog that people wanted Martinez to fight, there was always a challenge. Between 140-154 there is no one that can challenge floyd. I like floyd, I'm just sick of staying up untill 5.30 am to watch him toy with people who don't deserve to be in the ring with him. I thought maybe he'd slipped just enough so that canelo could win a few rounds off him. He hasn't, he's still a marvel in the ring. If he is only going to fight 4 more times, I don't want a talent like his wasted people who 'couldn't carry his jock strap'. It's like I lose a bit of respect for froch for not taking a fight with cleverly when he still had his title. He'd proved himself the no.2 in the division and had no intention of fighting ward, so why not move up and challenge yourself against a younger bigger opponent and win a title in a new division. Instead we get treated to him fighting George groves.

Comment

Nope. Highly unlikely.

Comment

Problem with these situations is guys very rarely line up with age,skills, and weight. Like Oscar vs Tito. That was a very fair fight. Issue with Floyd is he didn't really fill out to a WW until he was about 30. Putting him against a SWW like Winkey is either Winkey would have been to old or Floyd would have been to small. Someone is always at a dis advantage. No one is gonna out box Floyd so you size is the key. And a great jab. He doesn't even bother to block jabs he wants to counter you and a jab can't hurt him.

Comment

Absolutely. Both of those guys. Paul Williams sure just based on his dimensions with the right game plan. Think Floyd ain't know that, it's a reason he ducked out of the ww division when pw was peaking, and Trinidad was undefeated at ww.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
              wiith that power definitely tito vs floyd is a 50-50 fight
              Power isn’t the only advantage Trinidad has. Look at his Whitaker fight. Tito can connect his power to a slick fighter. That very troubling for Floyd.

Even worse for Floyd Tito takes away Floyd #1 advantage...his conditioning. Floyd’s conditions is second to none. Tito was his only equal. Tito would not have faded at the end. Floyd would have to sheathed the onslaught for all twelve.

Case In point, Floyd vs Cotto. It was neck and neck through 8. Cotto laid hands on Floyd in rounds 7-8. After Cotto blew his load Floyd as per usual pulls ahead.

Tito would have chased Floyd down to bitter end and with his long arms would have connected plenty. Never breaking a sweat.

It would have been a fight to see. Not saying Trinidad would have won but it would have been bloody hell for Floyd. Literally.

Comment

Working...
              X