No announcement yet.

Anybody suprised by Englands rubbish performances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Portugal are on par with England, without Ronaldo.

They're entering a transitional phase like we are, youngsters coming in and the old guard going out. I think we'll do well in the Euros, keep Hodgson and experiment.

I want to see a different team every friendly and we should be having those more frequently.
    I don't agree with this... you want to give people a chance but you want a team which is used to each other and the roles they need to play. Hodgson was pretty clueless as to what team/formation was best

Originally posted by baya View Post
    of course not, they're bad at most all sports. nothing else but failure was expected from your brothers across the pond, guys
    Not really we are good at cricket, Rugby, Tennis even boxing we have a couple of good fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Exactly! Which is why i thought Barry had to go.Waddlein the article posted above says that England have a problem where they always try and cram in the best 11 players without picking the best and most balanced team. Anyone with half a brain could see we needed a defensive midfielder
      We basically had 4 strikers in the team.. (Sterling is debatable)... What's not debatable is that Sterling/Wellbeck/Rooney whoever played on the wings basically were not capable of giving good cover to the RB and LB both of which are pretty junk at defending

We had zero defensive midfielders

We have seen that time and time again.. scholes getting shunted to the left.. when if he wasn't good enough at CM (he was) he should have been left out.

It's as if they thought **** it lads.. no one expects us to do well lets just go for it and forget about defence and having a balanced team

Comment

The two performances weren't really that bad. Certainly better than the last World Cup which were excruciating.

I read someone say we have world class talent. No we don't. Not one of our players are world class. Well maybe one but we left him at home (Cashley). Gerrard was about 5 years ago and he's mentally ruined after last season.

We have far too many bums in the team. Does anyone seriously think Jordan Henderson is ever going to be a top class international footballer? Leighton Baines was too puussy to go to the last World Cup because he was homesick. Yet he's our first first choice left-back. Jagielka is a bum at this level. What does Danny Welbeck actually do? Glen Johnson can't defend for ****.

Yet we leave the Saviour of English football, Jack Wilshere, on the bench

Comment

No one expected England to win this World Cup. We just wanted to get out of groups. On paper, we should be beating Uruguay and most people didn't think we'd beat Italy but we put on a better performance than we thought we would. This England side > the in WC 2010.

I honestly felt we should have had as many youngsters on as possible to provide experience. I think Carrick may have been a better option than Gerrard but I don't think it was a bad decision to have Gerrard playing initially. Joe Hart is dog****, I have never rated him and Suarezs second goal was saveable.

Wasn't impressed by Welbeck, he just wasn't dangerous at all. Next tourney I hope all of our defence is replaced and our keeper. I think Baines is good but not better than Ashley Cole in his prime or even past prime. Let's not forget Cole actually had a decent WC last time, he was one of the only England players that semi-performed but was let down by the rest. Henderson was brought because he has a good partnership and understanding with Gerrard, Sterling and Sturridge but he didn't really do anything.

Barkley, Wilshere, Walcott, Oxlade, Shaw, Townsend are all promising players.

Comment

not in the least.

England more like ****land

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
              They didn't win a single trophy with their golden generation of 2006 with the likes of gerrard, lampard, rio, terry, cole, neville, carragher, hargreaves, owen, david james all in their primes with young talent in rooney, crouch, carrick, joe cole and a semi-decent coach in sven goard eriksson.

If they didn't win it then how did they stand a chance with an aging gerrard, phil jagielka, james milner, roy hodgeson, and joe hart in goal
              And who exactly are you rooting for?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Top 5? lmao! By who?

You could see this about Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Holland, Spain, Mexico, Croatia & so on. Just about any team can beat any other if one is in form and the other isn't but it shouldn't come down to that. The fact is Portugal can't hang with the big boys 9 times out of 10.

Apart from a good year in the 2012 Euro's which Ronaldo carried them in they have done naff all for years. All their goals was Ronaldo and him assisting. Without him they are nothing at all. When he has a poor game they all play pathetic. To say Portugal's top goalscorer of all time is not a difference maker is crazy talk. Without Ronaldo they ain't ****!
                Although I agree with you that Portugal is not in the top 5, Portugal, however, did make it to the 2004 Euro finals, and lost to Greece. The 2004 Euro was also held in Portugal, which adds salt to the wound.

Comment

england sucks at sports.

this is common knowledge.

Comment

Truthfully, the England team has been super bad for ages. They just lack talent. There is no other explanation given the oceans of money and state of the art facilities at their disposal.

Comment

thats the price you have to pay for having the best league in the world. every elite player goes to england to play in the premier league so there is no room for young english talents to develop, get playing time and so on. unless they are wonder kids that have a chance to become world class players, like wayne rooney. those guys get groomed, they put effort in developing those players. the rest just doesnt get any playing time so its impossible for them to develop
                      Last edited by Bullrush; 06-21-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X