No announcement yet.

Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather Jr: Boxings Public Enemy Number One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather Jr: Boxings Public Enemy Number One

Shakespeare said: All the world's a stage, and we are merely players; we have our exits and our entrances, and one man in his time plays many roles.

If he had said it this week, the Famous Playwright could have easily been referring to Floyd Mayweather Jr; who recently made his grand entrance back into the sport of boxing, and is once again feeling very much at home playing the role of the villain.

This time around the unpopular villain is easier to hate than ever, and even more difficult to understand, and it looks to me like he planned it that way.

Its almost impossible to understand him unless you comprehend the fuel which fires his engine, which is money; and please know this, he cares about very little else.

Sadly, there seems to be many boxing fans out there who feel that Mayweather avoided the the toughest challenges; there are also many detractors who feel that his statement regarding his readiness to fight anyone and everyone in his weight class is a false one.

I however, am not a subscriber to these popular beliefs, I feel that Mayweather knows exactly what he is doing; and I also feel that he can, and will, do it.

Knowing Mayweather the way we do, its safe to assume that plans are in his head to achieve an even greater legacy this time around, and also of course, to make more money.

One of the reasons, maybe first and foremost, is the reportedly jaw-dropping pay-per-view numbers that the extremely popular Filipino pound for pound champion Manny Pacquiao has been getting.

It's also a strong possibility that Mayweather is looking past his July 18 fight against top contender Juan Manuel Marquez to even greater fame and fortune.

The delusions of grandeur that Pretty Boy may be focusing on could very well be a looming fall fight date with Pacquiao; which--with the right promotion and a popular HBO 24/7 prelude, would likely rival the Thrilla In Manila in comparison.

Remember, beginning July 18, 2005, until his brief retirement in June 2008 Mayweather had been rated by The Ring magazine as the number-one pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

Mayweather has won six world championships in five different weight classes but the sport of boxing is so painfully easy to him that he sometimes gets bored with it.

In his fight with Carlos Baldamir he resembled a cat which had killed its prey but refused to eat it, choosing instead to toy and play with it.

In his fight with Ricky Hatton it seemed at times as if he was pot-shotting him with lead right hands, and also appeared to be carrying the tough Brit into the later rounds, until finishing him off with a brilliant left hook.

Also, I'm sure he hasn't returned to boxing for the pleasure of it, he has a logical plan as to what he hopes to gain and how he intends to gain it.
    In fact, I think he may be one of the greatest fighters of all time in regards to his outside the ring intelligence and self promotion, thus the black Bank Robber out-fit he wore to the press conference.

Mayweather didn't lose his pound-for-pound No 1 status in the ring -- he lost it by retiring; and I truly feel he is back to reclaim it.

Pacquiao is now the legitimate pound for pound title holder, to add to that, both men are the only real contenders for the Fighter of the Decade award.

A fight between these two warriors could potentially be the biggest fight in recent history, maybe even the biggest of all time.
    I cant wait to see it
Working...
X