No announcement yet.

I was actually impressed by Gesta and Shiming this past week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    Bro, I'm on the fence about this performance. He shows better movement from what I've seen from him. His right hand is strong and he can pull off some nice counters when his opponent is coming forward. He was actually moving his head but his upper body movement was a bit off. I noticed he either leans back and is susceptible to body punches or ducks down and leans to the sides… which can cause him serious problems against a fighter who will feint him and lead him into a hook that he walks into himself. His hands are also too damn low throughout and he was getting getting touched up by Arceo enough that any fighter with actual power could possibly chin check him easily. All that said, he looks pretty good, like everyone says if he gets an actual corner soon, he will improve enough to possibly acquire a belt or at least give a performance his fans expect from him.
    I didnt put too much stock into this performance cause it was an opponent that was supposed to make him look good. I've always liked Gesta but I never had high expectations for him. Just a fighter whom I enjoyed watching. So if he gets a new corner and gets a title cool but not expecting much than what we've already seen.

Btw I also think Gesta has a pretty good chin.

Comment

He looked better than what he usually looked like. Didn't admire himself too much and didn't gas like he usually does.... But it was against limited opposition.... Would like to see if he learned when he steps up.

Shiming has made leaps since his pro debut. Still not that great, but huge improvement from hen he started

Comment

Agree with everything said in the opening post. Gesta, for the first time ever, impressed me.

Comment

Working...
        X