Collapse
No announcement yet.

140 is not good quality wise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, but I'd pick most of the top 140lbers to beat JMM....(excluding Alvarado, Rios, and Judah)

Comment

Lucas Matthysse is an outstanding fighter. If he was American he'd be unbeaten and massively hyped. Watch him stop Lamont Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Lucas Matthysse is an outstanding fighter. If he was American he'd be unbeaten and massively hyped. Watch him stop Lamont Peterson.
        he's the best of the bunch but nothing he has done screams out that he is an elite fighter.

I really like the division but there's no Kostya Tszyu marauding through it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          he's the best of the bunch but nothing he has done screams out that he is an elite fighter.

I really like the division but there's no Kostya Tszyu marauding through it right now.
          His knockout ratio is very good, 31 KOs in 33 fights, and he dropped the 2 opponents he didn't stop (one was a 10 rounder).

I'm not really a Matthysse fan but I do think he's got something special, I'd pick him against Marquez and Bradley but probably not Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

All have Flaws, All been out-boxed before and can be out-boxed again, it is a strong division no doubt about that but it is not as good as people are hyping it up to be like I don't think any of the top fighters at 140 can beat the top fighters at 147, I would take Pacquiao, Mayweather, Timothy Bradley and JMM over all of those fighters in a match and I see all 4 beating all of them fairly EASY!

That being said, I am glad that they are fighting each other and yeah lets see just who is the best at 140!
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 04-27-2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Lucas is imo, most people view him as undefeated. He did not really lose to Judah or Alexander.
              even if he didnt "lose" he struggled and was far from convincing

Comment

His knockout ratio is very good, 31 KOs in 33 fights, and he dropped the 2 opponents he didn't stop (one was a 10 rounder).

I'm not really a Matthysse fan but I do think he's got something special, I'd pick him against Marquez and Bradley but probably not Mayweather and Pacquiao.
                he's talking about matthysse as an "elite" talent. alexander was outboxed by kotelnik and judah is dead old (who was stopped against khan) those close toss up wins aren't all that impressive (if you want to give the fights to lucas)

140 is a deep division but I agree with the ts.
                Last edited by Godsfly; 04-27-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

It's deep, but no elite fighters. That's what makes it good, no one is saying it's a bad division to watch in boxing, it's one of the best and the top fighting the top.... there are no elite fighters in that pool though.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    he's talking about matthysse as an "elite" talent. alexander was outboxed by kotelnik and judah is dead old (who was stopped against khan) those close toss up wins aren't all that impressive (if you want to give the fights to lucas)

140 is a deep division but I agree with the ts.
                    They weren't close or toss-up tho, this forum has been over this multiple times and there are many threads on it. Matthysse was a clear winner on both occasions and was robbed.

Comment

They weren't close or toss-up tho, this forum has been over this multiple times and there are many threads on it. Matthysse was a clear winner on both occasions and was robbed.
                      i had lucas by 2 points against Alexander and i had the judah fight a draw.........

those 2 fights were razor close. i could care less what the forum thinks as "clear wins"

Comment

Working...
                      X