Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lucas Matthysse an unbeaten fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lucas Matthysse an unbeaten fighter?

I re-watched his fight with Judah and scored it 8 rounds to 4 in favor of the Argentine (see below). I haven't watched Matthysse-Alexander yet but from what I read that decision was even worse.

Have the judges robbed this guy of his '0' and should he push for rematches?

R.1 - Judah
    R.2 - Matthysse
    R.3 - Matthysse
    R.4 - Matthysse
    R.5 - Judah
    R.6 - Matthysse
    R.7 - Judah
    R.8 - Judah
    R.9 - Matthysse
    R.10 - Matthysse (10-8)
    R.11 - Matthysse
    R.12 - Matthysse

Oh certainly, he got robbed in both fights.

Comment

Yes he should be....none of those fights were even that close, he should have won them comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Oh certainly, he got robbed in both fights.
        I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to at some point.

One thing I noticed about Matthysse during the Judah fight is that his chin really is like granite.

Zab hit him with the same uppercut he rocked Cotto with right on the point of Matthysse's chin and he didn't even flinch, I've seen Judah KO fighters with that same shot.

It's a shame the judges took his '0' because it could have been a big marketing hook for him.

Comment

i too think he won both fights but it all depends who you ask.

Comment

He could have lost 5 of the first 6 rounds~ having Matthysse up at the half way point is terrible.

You can easily have Matthysse winning because he clearly won 4 of the last 6 and he gained a point and a few of the early rounds that I think favored Judah were fairly close but it was no better than 3-3 at the half way point but just as easily could have been 5-1 which is the fight the judges saw.

It was a close fight, if you know how to score~

Comment

Judah beat him.

The Alexander fight is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to at some point.

One thing I noticed about Matthysse during the Judah fight is that his chin really is like granite.

Zab hit him with the same uppercut he rocked Cotto with right on the point of Matthysse's chin and he didn't even flinch, I've seen Judah KO fighters with that same shot.

It's a shame the judges took his '0' because it could have been a big marketing hook for him.
                I actually thought the Judah fight was a bit closer than the Alexander one.

I agree it really sucks he was robbed against the biggest "names" he's faced on HBO, but it's made him much more relentless and he's now looking to put fighters away.

Comment

Mathysse-Alexander was bad...he sonned him but couldn't get a decision in St louie

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    He could have lost 5 of the first 6 rounds~ having Matthysse up at the half way point is terrible.

You can easily have Matthysse winning because he clearly won 4 of the last 6 and he gained a point and a few of the early rounds that I think favored Judah were fairly close but it was no better than 3-3 at the half way point but just as easily could have been 5-1 which is the fight the judges saw.

It was a close fight, if you know how to score~
                    Bro let's be clear I am Judah fan, the commentators were pulling for Judah, in truth I wanted to give Judah the rounds, but I couldn't because he didn't win them.

He hardly landed anything and his biggest achievement in most of those early rounds was making Matthysse miss a number of times - but he still wasn't landing anything himself. Matthysse was constantly landing to the body.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 09-17-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X