Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I fight the IRS for a $126 purse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not going to win. The credit collection agency has no information about the debt, the agency that sold the debt will have purged the records and refer you to the agency, and your defense that you never owed it will be met with the complaint that you didn't tell anyone at the time so you have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I have to tell you guys who don't live or have never been to the U.S.

Its a fine country where you can exploit whatever talent/skill you have and with some hard work......maybe a little luck you can make something of yourself but our government at Federal and State level is a worthless leach.

It would be better if we had some central control responsible only for military ops and that is it. No one would really notice the difference other than all of the useless spending and theft from citizens not taking place.
      What is your salary and how much tax do you pay?. And how much refunded?.

Comment

Don't listen to Squeal Piggy.

He will defend the establishment to the very end.

If he got a letter from the government ordering him to shoot himself in the head, he'd write up a farewell post on boxingscene, and then go get his revolver.

I'd deal with this situation, if I were you.

The money isn't that significant. But you'd best make sure that this issue with the collection company/loan agency is squared away.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          You're not going to win. The credit collection agency has no information about the debt, the agency that sold the debt will have purged the records and refer you to the agency, and your defense that you never owed it will be met with the complaint that you didn't tell anyone at the time so you have to pay.
          Here in the Great White North I got a letter from a collection agency regarding bull**** charges from Bell Canada.

The moment I received the letter I called the collection agency and told them that I do not owe any money, that I have opened multiple BBB complaints about the issue and that Bell management promised that the billing issue will be resolved.

The collection agency representative said "I will speak with my Bell manager/contact (dont remember the title)" two days later they called me and said that everything was clear and they apologized.

P.S. I fought bell 9 months over bogus charges (essentially I was sold a TV/NET package that I canceled the same day it was installed because I was not delivered what I was promised by sales and sent the stuff back). Bell kept sending me bills and I must have spent 20 hours on the phone with them. 4 BBB complaints letter and collection agency and now its resolved..

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
            Here in the Great White North I got a letter from a collection agency regarding bull**** charges from Bell Canada.

The moment I received the letter I called the collection agency and told them that I do not owe any money, that I have opened multiple BBB complaints about the issue and that Bell management promised that the billing issue will be resolved.

The collection agency representative said "I will speak with my Bell manager/contact (dont remember the title)" two days later they called me and said that everything was clear and they apologized.

P.S. I fought bell 9 months over bogus charges (essentially I was sold a TV/NET package that I canceled the same day it was installed because I was not delivered what I was promised by sales and sent the stuff back). Bell kept sending me bills and I must have spent 20 hours on the phone with them. 4 BBB complaints letter and collection agency and now its resolved..
            See had spray resolved the issue when it first arose, it would have just been a waste of time... now it's a waste of time and money...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
              man why BS pay the lil money and move on with your life, you already damaged your credit having it get sent to collections etc.
              yeah. don't fck with them.
              you don't want them remembering your name.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Its a matter of principle, I didn't owe the $126 simple as that and who cares about credit? Its not real, just a fictional system of imaginary liability.
                You're an idiot if you don't care about credit and you live in the US. Car loan, mortgage loan, credit card loan interest is based on credit score.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  I told them when they called, it is not my responsibility to prove anything its totally 100% their responsibility to do that and they failed because they have no evidence just bills they can manufacture which say nothing but an amount.

Time is not a matter here, either they prove I owe it which is not possible or I will get money my small amount of money back you will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler View Post
                    You're an idiot if you don't care about credit and you live in the US. Car loan, mortgage loan, credit card loan interest is based on credit score.
                    I don't drive and pay for most things in cash.

Comment

I made a call yesterday and the collection department said they would e-mail the original loan office about it and I also sent this brief e-mail to them.

The IRS applied part of my tax refund in the amount of $126.02 to a bill issued by your organization and Pheaa recently. This 126.00 bill I have been disputing with your collection efforts since it is not legitimate and no proof or explanation for the bill was provided.

In efforts to resolve the matter without legal action taken on my part I would like AES so observe their records and notice I had paid my loan in full during April of 2014 and owe nothing. Upon this realization I would like the full $126.02 which was illegally intercepted from me by the IRS returned to me in a timely manner.

Comment

Working...
                      X