Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vasyl Lomachenko truely deserve this Title shot vs Salido ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Vasyl Lomachenko truely deserve this Title shot vs Salido ?

Vasyl might become a great champion with multiple belts someday... He's got awesome amateur credentials.... But does that justify a World Title shot in only his second "Official" pro fight ??? His window of opportunity should be open for years to come, should he competently make the transition to the pro game... What's the rush ???

I'm not talking about the potential commercial viability that might result from a victory over Orlando Salido.... I'm not talking about his promotion and marketing teams...

I'm asking why does Lomachenko deserve to get to the front of the line, for this Title Shot, before everyone else ??? Can this be remotely justified on a basis of merit ???
    Last edited by MindGame; 02-24-2014, 03:23 AM. Reason: Used Be instead of He...

lol he did make a statement fighting a decent opponent in his first fight. i think more then anything, bob arum and top rank sees dollar signs in this kid. they also obviously see a chance for him to make history and win that belt.... which increases his hype, which increases the viewers, which in the end increases the money. boxing is a business and in the end it doesnt matter who deserves what. promoters and people behind the scenes are going to do what gives em the most money

Comment

it's true, one of the worst tune-ups i've seen. salido was getting smacked around by garcia but he didnt have to take such an easy comeback fight like this

Comment

Technically, no. It doesn't matter what you might have done in the amateurs, whatever you achieved belongs solely to that stage. Just like your record resets when you enter the professional level, so does your resume and from that point on you are building your professional record.

With that said, he doesn't have the professional credentials to deserve a title shot.

HOWEVER, it is refreshing to see a hyped fighter decide not to be pampered and be tested right away. I do appreciate and respect that.

Comment

400-1 and Olympic gold

he's an ATG in the making

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Technically, no. It doesn't matter what you might have done in the amateurs, whatever you achieved belongs solely to that stage. Just like your record resets when you enter the professional level, so does your resume and from that point on you are building your professional record.

With that said, he doesn't have the professional credentials to deserve a title shot.

HOWEVER, it is refreshing to see a hyped fighter decide not to be pampered and be tested right away. I do appreciate and respect that.
            Exactly this. I've had enough of the Gary Russell Jr.'s and Wilders's of this world.

Comment

No, this is the main reason he signed with Bob Arum

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                400-1 and Olympic gold

he's an ATG in the making
                the amateur credentials will be icing on the cake once this future GOAT is finished dominating the professional ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                  Exactly this. I've had enough of the Gary Russell Jr.'s and Wilders's of this world.
                  the question is have u had enough of lamachenko already? u like to see dreams destroyed or something.? a couple of pro fights and uve seen enough, throw him out there.

u know how this ends.! just like 1000s of other rushed fighter before him!!

Comment

He doesn't deserve it, but if not for him Salido would fight an undeserving no hoper off TV, and probably wouldn't have gotten on HBO vs the undeserving guy that came out of the closet

Comment

Working...
                    X