No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Bakhtin, IBO Super Bantam Champ Retires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Bakhtin, IBO Super Bantam Champ Retires

Reigning undefeated IBO super bantamweight champion Alexander “Sasha” Bakhtin (31-0, 12 KOs) announced his retirement from boxing on Saturday, April 20, as a part of an extended TV interview with the Fight Club (“Boytsovskiy Klub”) crew. The permanent retirement is effective immediately, according to one of the most renowned (yet underachieving) Russian prizefighters.

“A decision is made for me to end my professional career”, said the 31-year old from Balashikha by way of Chita. “There are some serious health issues and I definitely won’t fight in future. Instead, I’ll pursue a career in politics. Also, I’m planning to stay active in boxing by teaching young fighters, guiding them to newer heights”, commented Bakhtin. [Click Here To Read More]

He was very boring.

Comment

He was a very skillful boxer and a joy to watch.

Too bad the top fighters in his weight division avoided him.

Comment

pls trust my words : NOBODY AVOIDED ALEXANDER BAKHTIN , him or his management avoided big fights .

Comment

Rigondeaux's team considered fighting him last year. Not sure what happened or who pulled out but it may most likely be because Rigo fought Marroquin and was scheduled to fight Poon.

Comment

Frampton/Darchinyan for the IBO title, that would be a pretty good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Frampton/Darchinyan for the IBO title, that would be a pretty good fight.
              That would be a good scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                He was a very skillful boxer and a joy to watch.

Too bad the top fighters in his weight division avoided him.
                Really?

He was skilled but he never struck me as a top fighter.. Unless you're being sarcastic?

Comment

Absolutely agree !!!!! The reason he never had a chance to fight for a world title simply because his management (his promoter in particular) didnt want to him to travel. They wanted the world title holders to come to Moscow and fight him there, where they get robbed. Another thing, they sometime pay boxers to lose a fight, and its quite common that all these bouts are staged even in kickboxing.

Originally posted by tostao View Post
                  pls trust my words : NOBODY AVOIDED ALEXANDER BAKHTIN , him or his management avoided big fights .

Comment

Working...
                  X