Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing Willie Pep to Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, floyd and Pep shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bison View Post
      Pep v Famechon,
      Pep v Saddler,
      Pep v Saddler 3,
      Pep v Walton,
      Pep v Chavez,
      Different highlight reels and film analysis of Pep's footwork.

Unfortunately much like Sugar Ray, it's really hard to find decent Pep fights seeing as how old a boxer he is. A lot of his recorded work comes from when he was out of prime, yet still better then 80% of boxers today.
      Every time I see Pep footage and I'm told he was past his best by that stage I think to myself, DAAAAMN HOW GOOD MUST HE HAVE BEEN?

The guy was so quick, his reflexes so sharp, his footwork so precise and his punches so crisp. ATG no doubt.

Comment

2 ATG's and 2 of the best D ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post

Saddler only beat Pep 1st legitimately, the other two wins were cause by Saddlers fouls, which he did a lot of. Even then Saddler only beat Pep past prime and post airplane crash injuries. Add the fact Saddler was a big featherweight for the time and you come to the conclusion that it wasn't a bad lost for Pep.

Now I've only seen post airplane injury Pep fights so can't comment on his prime fights but I can say that if he was that good post injuries can you imagine how good he was pre injuries in his prime.

All in all Pep was a better fighter then Mayweather and there's no comparison between the two.

The idea that they are not comparable as fighters is a joke.

Ive watched Floyd's entire career. I can get my hands on high quality footage of his first fight to last. Whats more, I can get most tapes from all his opponents to accurately judge them, if I wanted to.

How much tape does anyone today have of Pep and his opponents? How can anyone judge his strenghts and weaknesses? You think you can find a tape from 1945 and judge a guy's speed accurately? Pep is old school for the guys that we consider old school, and we dont have everything on our old school dudes. I find it funny that posters can watch 4-5 fights of grainy as hell footage, of a guy who fought like 240 fights, and think they know enough to actually compare him to today's greats.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
            The idea that they are not comparable as fighters is a joke.

Ive watched Floyd's entire career. I can get my hands on high quality footage of his first fight to last. Whats more, I can get most tapes from all his opponents to accurately judge them, if I wanted to.

How much tape does anyone today have of Pep and his opponents? How can anyone judge his strenghts and weaknesses? You think you can find a tape from 1945 and judge a guy's speed accurately? Pep is old school for the guys that we consider old school, and we dont have everything on our old school dudes. I find it funny that posters can watch 4-5 fights of grainy as hell footage, of a guy who fought like 240 fights, and think they know enough to actually compare him to today's greats.
            It could be a cartoon and it would still be better than Floyd lol , this is Boxingscene , land of the children and home of the Floyd haters , the most ignorant boxing ******s on the Internet flock to this forum like bees to a green k honey pot .

If you want to read really stupid stuff about boxing come here , its entertaining watching imbeciles at work .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              It could be a cartoon and it would still be better than Floyd lol , this is Boxingscene , land of the children and home of the Floyd haters , the most ignorant boxing ******s on the Internet flock to this forum like bees to a green k honey pot .

If you want to read really stupid stuff about boxing come here , its entertaining watching imbeciles at work .
              lol so true popcorn time everyday around here

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                LOL, floyd and Pep shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.
                But Floyd and this guy should....

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  But Floyd and this guy should....

Says the supporter of the guy running DOWN to jww and fighting Algieri and possibly Vargas next! LOL!!!!
                  Last edited by megadeth; 11-07-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                    Says the supporter of the guy running DOWN to jww and fighting Algieri and possibly Vargas next! LOL!!!!

I see everyone going ham about him fighting Algieri then possibly Vargas and tbh I am not keen on either, both fights suck but who should he fight next?

Hes fought everyone in the era worth anything that will get in the ring with him anyway.

Floyds a punk, Thurmans not even got a strap, Brooks injured, Marquez has had enough of seeing Manny, Danny Garcia is probably giving Rod Salsa a highly anticipated rematch - Thanks Al, Peterson couldn't sell out his living room.
                    How can you blame him or his team for his opposition when he has already fought everyone.
                    There is nobody left that I can think of anyway

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Reloaded, Larryx, bigdunn, pb32, burner and so on and so on...
                      When have i even compared Pep and Mayweather??

Comment

Working...
                      X