Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody knew anything about Sergio Martinez before the Williams fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can agree to a certain extent that he is overrated. I mean people praise on him like he's a defensive master mind like Whitaker or Mayweather(since people think Mosley and other fighters would lose to him if they've lost to fast counter punchers) and some even think he has ATG ability.

But in reality he is a pretty damn good fighter, and he's great at the boxing basics but he's nothing special so maybe it's not overrated, but over hyped after the Williams fight.

But if you didn't know who he was then you probably are pretty damn new to the sport and must have only started watching boxing in the past 2 years or just watched the bigger fights. BUt to say nobody knew him especially on here it's kind of ridiculous.

Comment

I remember the Margarito fight back in 2000 or 2001 I think it was, he is a MUCH better fight now then he was then, I would love to see this version of Martinez get a rematch against Margarito

but yes I do think SOME PEOPLE are overrating him a little bit

Comment

I think his popularity has grown since the williams fight, but he was already known.

Overrated- that's possible, by some people, but he's a damn good fighter. He takes challenging fights. I think he's good for boxing.

Comment

I agree with the TS.

Martinez needed to fight an elite black fighter for people to "recognise" him in this sport.

Comment

Working...
          X