Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    you are supposed to go by official results? so why isn't sven ottke in the hall of fame? don't you always say you don't let other people influence you, but now you are letting the official results be your only guide? seems strange.

judah did more jabbing at matthysse's gloves while mattyhsse did more hitting judah. i guess it depends on what you like better? in that respect it was close.
    I am pretty sure the boxing writers are suppose to go by the official results but some results are more important and decisive than others and should he count as such.

I don't but I am not a boxing writer nor am I a hall of fame voter, besides I said I thought Judah won a close fight and it is not like Matthysse did a lot of hitting he did a lot more posing and standing around waiting. If you like a guy doing not very much then that is your choice, but that was a close fight so you like what Matthysse did fine, it is not like he murdered Judah which is how you seem to be portraying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      Would this win punch his ticket in to the Hall of Fame?
      Garcia isn't the lineal champ. He's the Ring champ. Almost no one regarded Khan-Garcia as a 1-2 fight when it happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I actually think the opposite would happen. If Matthysse proves to be a killer, then people who go back and watch the fight will see the obvious difference and know he was just green going in. If he ends up just being a good fighter who never proves to be that much better than he was against Judah, then the win will look better, because even that Matthysse will be a tough fighter.
        That usually is not how it goes, look at B-Hop versus Jones I B-Hop clearly was not the guy he would become but Jones gets a ton of credit for that fight.

Matthysse turning out to be excellent can't hurt Judah, it certainly is a flawed argument though to put a lot of emphasis on that win and under scrutiny it would look less impressive the more you look at it because it was close, not very decisive and Matthysse was obviously green.

I just think that win could help his case under that scenario, that said there isn't much reason to argue about it because Judah probably won't beat Garcia and I would bet my life on Judah not going on the run needed for Matthysse's quality to come into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I am pretty sure the boxing writers are suppose to go by the official results but some results are more important and decisive than others and should he count as such.

I don't but I am not a boxing writer nor am I a hall of fame voter, besides I said I thought Judah won a close fight and it is not like Matthysse did a lot of hitting he did a lot more posing and standing around waiting. If you like a guy doing not very much then that is your choice, but that was a close fight so you like what Matthysse did fine, it is not like he murdered Judah which is how you seem to be portraying it.
          i like a guy that is hitting the other guy since that's the point of boxing. moving around and throwing jabs that land a foot short isn't the point of boxing is it? i guess you can do that if your opponent does absolutely nothing but matthysse was hitting judah a lot more than judah was hitting him, hence he deserved to win. he doesn't have to murder judah, he just has to be better than him on that night and he clearly was.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            i like a guy that is hitting the other guy since that's the point of boxing. moving around and throwing jabs that land a foot short isn't the point of boxing is it? i guess you can do that if your opponent does absolutely nothing but matthysse was hitting judah a lot more than judah was hitting him, hence he deserved to win. he doesn't have to murder judah, he just has to be better than him on that night and he clearly was.
            I like guys who punch also and Judah was punching Matthysse more from what I saw, so we obviously saw two very different fight~ but I am willing to acknowledge it was close and debatable. It certainly wasn't clear cut for Matthysse like you are saying.

This debate doesn't even matter though because what I said would need to happen isn't going to come to pass, so do you want to continue on a pointless debate because we are never going to agree which isn't really a news flash.

Comment

• Bah we sure it'd be lineal? If so, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I like guys who punch also and Judah was punching Matthysse more from what I saw, so we obviously saw two very different fight~ but I am willing to acknowledge it was close and debatable. It certainly wasn't clear cut for Matthysse like you are saying.

This debate doesn't even matter though because what I said would need to happen isn't going to come to pass, so do you want to continue on a pointless debate because we are never going to agree which isn't really a news flash.
                ok well i can't cure blindness so i guess this is the end of this debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  Bah we sure it'd be lineal? If so, for sure.
                  It's not lineal. It's Ring. Not the same in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Garcia isn't the lineal champ. He's the Ring champ. Almost no one regarded Khan-Garcia as a 1-2 fight when it happened.
                    Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      cliff....coming soon to a hall of fame near you...............SVEN OTTKE!

Comment

Working...
                      X