• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    good question..

Brook has the best win

Degale has the deepest resume

Crawford and ggg have a lot of solid wins, but no signature win to date..

1. degale
    2. ggg
    3. crawford
    4. brook

Brook only has one top level win, but the rest of his opponents have been trash
    I'd say beating Dirrel > beating Porter mainly because of the style matchup

Comment

Brook has the worst

Comment

Why is Andre Dirrell held in such high regard? He never won a world title and has no wins over top fighters.

Comment

strange seeing people say degale when he has one top 10 win and that is over a guy whose heyday was over 6 years before. is he getting extra credit for struggling?

Comment

1. GGG
            2. degale
            3. crawford
            4. brook

but brook has the single best win

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
              I'd say beating Dirrel > beating Porter mainly because of the style matchup
              yeah, but porter was on a terror when brooks beat him..

Dirrel is not the same fighter he was when he fought froch...

Comment

I'd give Degale the Direll win and i guess Bute. Didn't he beat Groves too? Anyone else?

Not too bad but a little overrated imo
                Degale lost to groves when both were young prospects

Comment

Best resume? Worst?
                  Ggg, Brook, Degale, Crawford

Best: Gennady Golovkin

Reasons: Unbeaten and continually fighting guys within the top ten limit whilst continually lining up these guys he is knocking them out in an emphatic fashion he gives them ZERO chance to do anything against him this as well as he is knocking out people who have NEVER been stopped before.

He is bordering upon setting records at the middleweight division and he very well could break Bernard Hopkins number of defenses soon If he remains at 160.

All of this along with the fact the likes of Canelo, Martinez, and Sturm (whom all belong at 160) all have steered right out of his direction speaks even more volume to how good his resume actually is.

Worst: James DeGale

Reasons: A gold medalist but this doesn't go towards his pro career, he has racked up some semi-decent wins but he has never looked dominant he has never dominated any legitimate great fighter this coupled in with the fact he lost to George Groves and very well probably should have lost to Porky Medina.

James is a good fighter but he isn't anything special and has often looked very lax against questionable opponents and even in some cases he has struggled with the shop-worn past it guys i.e. Lucian Bute.

All in all a resume means more than just wins, it is how you win them and quite simply I don't think DeGale, Brook or Crawford have any moment where they stood out and looked like an incredible force GGG looks so much of a force that people are crying out for him to move up one or two weight divisions when there are fights such as Saunders, Canelo and Jacobs still remaining to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Degale lost to groves when both were young prospects
                    Ok couldn't remember who won that one

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      strange seeing people say degale when he has one top 10 win and that is over a guy whose heyday was over 6 years before. is he getting extra credit for struggling?
                      It was a toss up for me I think the fact Kell Brook still has his 0 intact means I have to give it to DeGale, I just don't think GGG or Crawford would ever lose to someone like Groves, I'm not sure on Brook but the fact is DeGale lost to Groves and that will remain.

DeGale hasn't looked impressive in a fight in a very long time as well this has nothing to do with level of opposition more to do with the fact that James just isn't as good as he is made out to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X