Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman: I'm not sure how my manager would feel about me going to the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Thurman: I'm not sure how my manager would feel about me going to the UK

I have to agree with Keith on the last bit as soon as Hearn gets a world champion he tries to protect the hell out of em. The only reason he let Carl off the leash was because he was already proven by the time he signed with matchroom. If Eddie had his way he would have brook fighting Chinese welterweight hu flung dung on ppv

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
      I have to agree with Keith on the last bit as soon as Hearn gets a world champion he tries to protect the hell out of em. The only reason he let Carl off the leash was because he was already proven by the time he signed with matchroom. If Eddie had his way he would have brook fighting Chinese welterweight hu flung dung on ppv
      Like who? Like the time he sent Barker to fight Sturm in Germany? Or when he brought over Crawford/Beltran to face Burns? Or are we talking about the time he sent Mcdonnell abroad to face Kameda?

I think Hearn has a fair track record when it comes to his champions and taking some risks. But of course he wants to make sure, like Haymon does, that his fighters are getting a proper risk/reward.

Comment

my god it sounds like hes not sure if his mommy will let him stay out after dark

it doesnt get any softer than the uk what is there to be scared of!!

Comment

That's the situation with Thurman.

He can safely call out anybody he wants with the knowledge that Haymon will decide what happens. You can say I want to go to the UK and fans eat it up, but he knows Haymon won't send him to the UK for a fight when he can make similar money to fight lesser opposition at home.

Comment

Brook came to the U.S. in order to win his belt from a Haymon fighter... So, in case Thurman wants that strap, Thurman has to cross the Pond in his turn...

(I like Thurman more than Brook, but that is the way things should go...)

Comment

If he's paid a lil more as a guy in his position should be for traveling to the other guys venue than I don't see a problem & he should put his foot down about making it happening.

There is no question a fight with Brook will be better for all parties, as far as money goes, in the UK cuz of Brook's following there. The risk of bad decisions is always a concern for fighters to some degree I assume & when you're in the other guys spot its a bigger risk, but I see nothing on a higher level with bad decisions with UK fights or Hearn fights that should be THAT much of a problem or risk then normal.

The bottom line is if Thurman wants to get to the top of 147 post-Mayweather he's gonna have to go through Brook sooner or later & there is no better spot for that fight than the UK since Thurman hasn't built up a following like Brook has.

Comment

Did you hear that my McLaddies? Thurman is a racist.

Comment

Demand it, then.

Seriously, Thurman needs a high level fight to end this year. It's time. If management is reluctant, then demand it. Make it happen yourself.

Comment

Keef pack your passport, because with amir Khan and kell brook all roads at welterweight in the future will lead to the UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X