No announcement yet.

Benson Henderson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benson Henderson

I was very impressed with his performance Saturday night. At lightweight he usually is the bigger man but when he stepped up to welterweight he gave up that advantage. In fact his opponent looked like he should've been competing at middleweight! Big respect in the way he turned the fight around after getting bullied in the opening rounds.

He clearly isn't a contender at WW to be fair.

He played it smart not letting himself get too taxed early with a high pace but he's undersized against a mid-level WW. He shouldn't fight WW.

My fav fighter in the UFC right now but dude shouldn't be calling out Rory. I face palmed when he did that. It's a certain L.

Comment

Benson is better off staying at LW.

Comment

I thought it was impressive as hell. I thought after the 1st round that the pace he fought at would leave him gassed..and after the 2nd round I thought that he had already paid that price for it. By the 2nd half of the 3rd though he just shined and completely dominated a much bigger guy in really amazing fashion. I was also wondering if he paid to big a price in terms of energy for that take-down in the 3rd but he had amazing energy. I also felt he really needed the submission because he might have been robbed of a decision and he pulled it off with style. A really great fight for him and I really enjoyed it.

But I agree he's really not a WW. But still...hats off to him to for taking on a bigger and very dangerous guy who also is from and trains in Colorado and so is used to the altitude...another disadvantage that Henderson had to overcome.
        Last edited by jaded; 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

It was a solid performance by him, very solid. A lot of people are saying he lost the first two rounds but I thought they were very competitive and could have gone either way. He definitely took over momentum in the later rounds and dominated Thatch.

Comment

Working...
          X