No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's chin is China stop making excuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Yes he has before... what's your point...
    The masses of people on here aren't selling Wladimir as the GOAT although in comparison to Rigo he certainly must be.
    Breaking news.

According to the pound for pound rankings published by the Ring (the bible of boxing, or so reads their logo) Mr Wladimir Klitschko is number 2 pound for pound.

Rigondeaux is number 6 on the same list.

So, yes, people are saying that Wladimir is still better than Rigo in spite of being knocked out by journeymen in the past.

Source: http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/pound-for-pound

Comment

What type of opposition where a lot of these fighters you guys are comparing Rigo against facing when they were 7, 9 or 12 fights into their careers?

Don't worry I'll wait. The only one that faced good opposition so early was Lomachenko and he got beat up by Salido. People pretend like Lomachenko is undefeated, he's already tasted defeat in the pros.

Comment

Rigo's defense like Lara's is not actually that good, they just use their legs to get out of the way. They couldn't sit in the pocket or on the ropes and avoid shots.

Comment

... "The best chin in the sport is the chin that doesn't get hit", they say...

Sometimes, southpaws get caught quite badly... That doesn't make them "glass chined"...

(Rigo was too relaxed and "show-oriented" in this one... and got caught. Donaire also caught him...)

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Rigo's defense like Lara's is not actually that good, they just use their legs to get out of the way. They couldn't sit in the pocket or on the ropes and avoid shots.
            Firstly, since when has that been the definition of good defence?

Was young Ali's defence not that good?

secondly:

Angles, distance, timing/counterpunching, headmovement, rhythm, reactions all go into making Rigo very difficult to hit.

His problem is he sometimes loses concentration (most of the time when hes winning too easily) and gets tagged, but for the most part his defence is exceptional.

Sorry Weebler, but his defence is actually that good

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Firstly, since when has that been the definition of good defence?

Was young Ali's defence not that good?

secondly:

Angles, distance, timing/counterpunching, headmovement, rhythm, reactions all go into making Rigo very difficult to hit.

His problem is he sometimes loses concentration (most of the time when hes winning too easily) and gets tagged, but for the most part his defence is exceptional.

Sorry Weebler, but his defence is actually that good
              Yes. The guy wanted to put up some show, in order to please the public, and now (all of a sudden) he's "chinny", "he's got flaws in his defence", doe... (Well... I remember that during the Agbeko fight I fell to sleep...)

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
                How many loses are in Rigo record?

Have Rigo ever looked bad like Mayweather looked vs Castillo or Maidana?
                ... he just can't look bad...

Comment

Worse than his chin...he looked sloppy! That Japanese guy was slow and clumsy yet he posed problems. Seems like the deal to get at Rigo is to smother him and throw punches in bunches.

Comment

/THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                      Rigo has ONE good win. ONE.

I'll say it again... Rigo has ONE win. And delusional Rigotards thought this guy was unstoppable and the next P4P king.... Lmfao.

The Jap literally crushed the souls of the most delusional fanbase on NSB. The Rigotards.

Dude got dropped by a random Mexican goat cheese producer and a random Japanese fighter who has NEVER fought outside of Japan and lost 4 times to no-name random bums.

Lmfao. Rigo is such a hypejob.... Jesus. I can't stress this enough. He has ONE win and got dropped by two random fighters.
                      No, he has one very good win. For some reason his wins over the likes of Cordoba and Agbeko get slept on. I'm not saying they are amazing fighters but those were good wins against solid contenders.

You guys act like he has fought Gary Russell-esque competition other than Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                      X