Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whom Is Floyd Mayweather Toughest Possible Opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65/85 votes for sergio.. woah

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
      Whom Is Floyd Mayweather's Toughest Possible Opponent?

Is It Pacquiao, Canelo, Guerrero Or Mattinez?
      Pac and Guerrero both get stopped
      Alvarez and Martinez both get outpointed clearly
      Martinez could make Floyd hesitant since he's the biggest of the 4
      doubtful he gets anything much done, but he has the best chance
      that's assuming he could healthily fight at JMW still
      MW is just too much for Floyd to bother with

Comment

It's very very hard for a former LW to fight as a MW. But it's only fair Floyd moves up against Sergio if he wants more legacy.

News Article from DURAN-Barkley.

Roberto Duran:
        Translation

"To me, if you want to enhance your legacy as a former LW fighter you go up to MW to fight the much bigger guys. Only cowards will fight 160 fighters at 154. Only cowards. I fight Barkley for MW TITLE because I'm not a coward."

-Roberto Duran always felt like he had something to prove and he proved it.
        NY-TIMES

Comment

Where's the Cotto rematch option btw? Cotto gave Floyd his toughest fight since and Castillo and a tougher one in some ways. He'd probably still give Floyd a tougher fight than at least two of those listed in the poll.

Comment

Martinez because of his size, power and movement.

Comment

Cotto gave floyd a good fight because he could push him around abit specifically on the ropes. I think this would essentially make it the best advantage for Sergio. Canelo is overrated and he would lose against Marvella by KO. Guerro is tough minded but I can't see him doing anything extremely effective to win a fight with floyd. Easy UD for floyd, if not by TKO.

Pac vs Floyd is still a up in the air fight with 55/45 in favor of floyd.

Comment

Carlos Molina at 154 is Floyd(and everybody else) toughest opponent. Molina would get in close and rough Floyd up for every second of every round.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Carlos Molina at 154 is Floyd(and everybody else) toughest opponent. Molina would get in close and rough Floyd up for every second of every round.
                  This is for sure...

Comment

Martinez at 154 or higher. It's not very close to the second guy which is Pacquiao at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X