Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick Rose says he’s going to win multiple championships. Sound familiar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derrick Rose: "I'm confident in my abilities!"

LeBron James: "Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six..."

See the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Hayden Kho View Post
      Derrick Rose says he’s going to win multiple championships. Sound familiar?
      by Matt Moore

Derrick Rose spoke to HoopsHype at an event in Madrid. Among a number of subjects, Rose talked about working on a post game, which is a pretty exciting idea, even if every superstar says they’re working on a post-game in the summer and few actually implement one. But more interesting was this little tidbit.

Time has passed since you won the MVP trophy award. What are your feelings about it now?

DR: It was great but I’m not satisfied. I won’t be satisfied until I win a championship. I’m not satisfied at all. There’s not a doubt in my mind that I’m not going to win a championship. I’m going win multiple championships. It’s not a doubt in my mind.

via HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs – Raul Barrigon » Derrick Rose: “I’m going to win multiple championships”.

So, just to be clear on this. A young MVP player who has never won a championship has said that he’s going to win multiple titles before collecting a single one. Now, granted, Rose didn’t say “Not two, not three, four, not five, not six, not seven,” etc. like one Mr. James did, but isn’t the meaning the same? It’s counting your chickens before they’ve hatched. Putting the cart before the horse. Getting ahead of yourself. Other cliches.

Guess how much criticism Rose will get for this? None. Because he did it quietly in an interview with a website in Spain while James did it on a stage with smoke and pyro after a nationally televised special to announce he was betraying his hometown. But for a player so often described as humble, Rose has said he’s going to win the MVP, then going to win multiple titles in back to back years. Of course, another difference, Rose backed up his talk with the MVP last year.

This isn’t meant to say we should criticize Rose. It’s to say that the criticism for James was, as always, blown out of all reasonable proportion. Every great player in the NBA thinks they’re going to win multiple titles. It takes years for players to learn how valuable just getting one is.

Either that, or they play for the Lakers
      There you go.

Comment

Yeah James, Bosh and Wade did it televised. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Derrick Rose: "I'm confident in my abilities!"

LeBron James: "Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six..."

See the difference?

Yeah the difference is you apparently have no idea how to match up quotes.

Derrick Rose: I’m going win multiple championships. It’s not a doubt in my mind.

LeBron James: Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six...

Wow, they said the exact same thing!
        Last edited by Konstantin; 01-26-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It's called confidence in yourself. Good luck to him should be the response.....not ridicule.

Comment

Working...
          X