No announcement yet.

Kostya Tszyu's heart problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    Sorry, can't buy that. It may have been his corner that suggested it but Kostya was more than accepting of it.
    his corner asked kostya if he was ok several times and kostya never responded. he was completely drained or exhausted.

just look at danny greens response after he won that fight in perth in sweltering conditions years ago. after the fight he apologised to the crowd for losing. he won but he was so frigged he wasn't coherent enough to comprehend that he did in fact win.

he didn't quit, his body had shut down so to speak. it happens u know. there is a difference u know.

Comment

Originally posted by buster007 View Post
      his corner asked kostya if he was ok several times and kostya never responded. he was completely drained or exhausted.

just look at danny greens response after he won that fight in perth in sweltering conditions years ago. after the fight he apologised to the crowd for losing. he won but he was so frigged he wasn't coherent enough to comprehend that he did in fact win.

he didn't quit, his body had shut down so to speak. it happens u know. there is a difference u know.
      I watched the fight. Kostya didn't want any more after the 11th round. As soon as his corner called it he stood up and went over and congratulated Hatton and had a lengthy discussion with him.

I'm not knocking him or anything, all I am saying is that he:
      a) Knew what was happening in that fight
      b) Recognised that his corner was intending to stop it
      c) Was more than happy for them to do so.

As for the Green incident I personally felt that was all a put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        As for the Green incident I personally felt that was all a put on.
        Hmmm, interesting you say that. Interested to hear your feelings why and if they're part of your (and mine) antipathy/dislike of Green.

I remember that fight and saying aloud around the six or seventh Green was ****ed, had absolutely nothing left, and if Sullivan had any sort of punch Green was dead meat hanging. I also remember Green's eyes seemingly spinning in their sockets after the fight. You can't fake that.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
          Hmmm, interesting you say that. Interested to hear your feelings why and if they're part of your (and mine) antipathy/dislike of Green.

I remember that fight and saying aloud around the six or seventh Green was ****ed, had absolutely nothing left, and if Sullivan had any sort of punch Green was dead meat hanging. I also remember Green's eyes seemingly spinning in their sockets after the fight. You can't fake that.
          Yeah, I guess I just have a hard time believing that a guy can still stand and speak like that and basically just be making up reality as he goes. I could be wrong I guess but in my view on the balance of probabilities he was just trying to play up just how drained and exhausted he was. Obviously not saying he wasn't in extreme physical discomfort, he clearly was.

Comment

strongly disagree about your views on both. don't u know the mind plays tricks on u when severly fatigued. like when people get stranded in the ocean for example, they start seeing sharks etc. when there is nothing there. they can still respond to it and act out their fear so to speak by panicking about an impending attack, but they just can't see that its not reality.
            i'm sure u know what i'm trying to say anyway.

for example, u don't know whether tszyu was speaking gobblede**** when talking to whoever straight after the fight. and if so, how long before he started to get his marble back.
            just like when some boxers r a bees dick from being lights out, they can recover enough within seconds to be able to have their focus back, but sometimes it takes much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by buster007 View Post
              strongly disagree about your views on both. don't u know the mind plays tricks on u when severly fatigued. like when people get stranded in the ocean for example, they start seeing sharks etc. when there is nothing there. they can still respond to it and act out their fear so to speak by panicking about an impending attack, but they just can't see that its not reality.
              i'm sure u know what i'm trying to say anyway.

for example, u don't know whether tszyu was speaking gobblede**** when talking to whoever straight after the fight. and if so, how long before he started to get his marble back.
              just like when some boxers r a bees dick from being lights out, they can recover enough within seconds to be able to have their focus back, but sometimes it takes much longer.
              He spoke to Hatton clearly. Told him he was a great champion and that he would be there to provide advice if he need it in the future. Also if you watch the 11th its not like KT is completely done. He is taking plenty of shots sure, but he doesn't look like he is done.

From what I saw and from what those involved have said since, I believe Kostya knew the fight was being stopped by his own corner and he supported the move. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, just that thats the way it went down.

On Green I agree I could be wrong.

Comment

I think Kostya dealt with the fact he was at the end of the road as an elite fighter with much more grace and dignity than Shane Mosley recently, Oscar Dela Hoya before him and the endless horrors of Roy Jones and Evander Holyfield.

Kostya was a great champion who, in his twilight years, was overcome with injuries, and on one night it all caught up with him during a brutal firefight with a much younger man he would've wrecked a few years earlier.

Has anyone here read the Johnny Lewis bio by Paul Kent? Some unpleasant stuff in it regarding Kostya and Lewis and underpayment of services rendered.
                Last edited by ColWallace; 05-26-2011, 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I think Kostya dealt with the fact he was at the end of the road as an elite fighter with much more grace and dignity than Shane Mosley recently, Oscar Dela Hoya before him and the endless horrors of Roy Jones and Evander Holyfield.

Kostya was a great champion who, in his twilight years, was overcome with injuries, and on one night it all caught up with him during a brutal firefight with a much younger man he would've wrecked a few years earlier.

Has anyone here read the Johnny Lewis bio by Paul Kent? Some unpleasant stuff in it regarding Kostya and Lewis and underpayment of services rendered.
                  I agree on Mosley, Jones and Evander (noting the last two have serious money issues) but I can't see what you are saying with De La Hoya. Everyone usually finishes on a bad note, and its not like he fought some bum. As soon as it became clear he was done he retired. Please don't tell me you think he should have finished up after dropping a close decision to one of the best fighters of the past 20 years.

Comment

Alright, well perhaps not Oscar so much as the others. But I said at the time and maintain it was just an exhibition fight to make them both bucketloads of dough, and accordingly Oscar phoned in a pretty dismal showing. Certainly not worthy of however many millions he made. Didn't even bother re-hydrating after the weigh-in. Better than Mosley, but not by much.

Comment

Alright, well perhaps not Oscar so much as the others. But I said at the time and maintain it was just an exhibition fight to make them both bucketloads of dough, and accordingly Oscar phoned in a pretty dismal showing. Certainly not worthy of however many millions he made. Didn't even bother re-hydrating after the weigh-in. Better than Mosley, but not by much.
                      No doubt Oscar thought it was going to be an exhibition, I just think he thought he was going to win.

Oscar fought the best consistently and when he realised he could no longer compete with them he gave it up. In my view you can't really hate on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X