No announcement yet.

thoughts on the past week...zzzzzzzz lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Yeah, man. I mean, I've got a built-in desire to see this guy win. I even appreciate good boxing -- hit, don't get hit, all that. But I can't tolerate the monotony, and the utter disinterest in putting on a crowd pleasing effort. It cost Lara versus Canelo, and I have no sympathy for him.
    Yup, it did cost Lara the win. If he did just a bit more then the judges would have no choice but to give him the rounds. He should have known that the judges would be favoring Canelo. Ronnie Shields was fuming at the scores.

As I said in the other post, boxing skills is good to watch but coasting is not.

Comment

I would want to see ggg vs Lara..... just to see Lara decapitated.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Yup, it did cost Lara the win. If he did just a bit more then the judges would have no choice but to give him the rounds. He should have known that the judges would be favoring Canelo. Ronnie Shields was fuming at the scores.

As I said in the other post, boxing skills is good to watch but coasting is not.
        Very well put. Lara has this tendency to do just enough to win a round. Not only is this unenjoyable to watch, but it leaves you vulnerable to the judges' interpretation. Aggression alone isn't enough to win rounds, but it looks good. It can influence even professional judges. And if you're barely winning a round, the other guy's aggression can swing the judges in his favor. Lara doesn't seem to get it.

Comment

Lara still has that amateur boxing mentality.
          Score points, win the round, win the fight - even in the most boring fashion.
          And he expects pro boxing purse.

I am not even sure if his fans will pay to watch him fight.

Comment

Lara is definitely a good fighter and seems to know exactly where he is in the fight. Meaning, ahead or behind on the scores .... but I think he cuts it too close and he should be doing more especially when he is the main event of the evening.

Coasting is not something I like in a fighter. Especially when he seems to always do it.
            He is a good fighter but he doesn't take enough risks in the ring. He plays it way too safe. He has no pop and is a defense fighter. Medium risk with literally no reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
              -did Lara help his case at getting any big fights with triple g or a rematch with canelo after that snooze fest he put on. Complaining about not getting big fights when you put on those shiz fest is unreal
              -was high on najera, but after getting knocked out by Beltran and previously by Robert Garcia's fighter? What does that say about Félix verdejos fight against him
              -trout looks like he's heading to gate keeper status if he's not already there
              -the Charlo who beat trout is a good fighter but it would be in his best interest to stay at 154 as long as he can.... please j-rock next!
              - the other Charlo is a decent fighter as well not sure he beats Lara tho
              It would help Lara's case more if he actually wanted the fight instead of just talking about it.
              Maybe Luis DeCubas Jr doesn't know how to use a phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
                these guys dont seem to understand maybe if you want to increase your value in the sport maybe just maybe you should be alittle more agressive in the ring
                That's why Gamboa, Mike Perez, Barrera, Yunieski Gonzalez are floating with money a offers and fans are calling for him.

Mexicans won't like Lara, he is Cuban, simple, American don't care about boxing unless you are the next white hope and that don't even cut it, Afro American are not even supportive of his own fighters and the Mayweather fans are particular defensive when people compare Lara to his style. Cuban in Miami are more busy sucking LeBron balls when he was with the heat and don't even like or watch basketball or they are sucking on Messi and Barcelona instead of supporting Cuban boxers.

True, went Lara fought hard vs Angulo they criticize hate on him and use this fight every time to trash him for going down, same for Rigo, they didn't even watch him fight vs the Japanese but hate for him going down even when both fights were 20 times more fun to watch than any of Canelo fights and both end with the opponents face getting destroy.

What does he have to do? Well, retroactively be born in Mexico, Ireland, England or be white, or what he can actually do is keep winning and keep them hating, because for all the trash they talk about his style, people will keep talking as long he keep wining and btw collect more haters they will watch you to see you lose.

Comment

Lol if you think Levi Martinez (117- 111) would of have gave Lara a victory if he did more?

Money Mayweather after puting the biggest total domination on Canelo the best he got was a split decision.

Did people forget that Lara put up a bit down on William and stil lost? He put that same but down on Canelo and still lose.

Do you think DE la Hoya will let Canelo lose on the cards on his event ? Are you that naive?

Did trout Canelo scoring tell you nothing, did the cards after khan Canelo tell you nothing.

Let's change the what if, with Canelo, unless he is getting KO nobody is betting Canelo on the cards unless Oscar is not promoting the event or he is co-promoting and your fighter camp have some type of saying on the judges. It will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X