No announcement yet.

thoughts on the past week...zzzzzzzz lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on the past week...zzzzzzzz lara

-did Lara help his case at getting any big fights with triple g or a rematch with canelo after that snooze fest he put on. Complaining about not getting big fights when you put on those shiz fest is unreal
    -was high on najera, but after getting knocked out by Beltran and previously by Robert Garcia's fighter? What does that say about Félix verdejos fight against him
    -trout looks like he's heading to gate keeper status if he's not already there
    -the Charlo who beat trout is a good fighter but it would be in his best interest to stay at 154 as long as he can.... please j-rock next!
    - the other Charlo is a decent fighter as well not sure he beats Lara tho

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
    -did Lara help his case at getting any big fights with triple g or a rematch with canelo after that snooze fest he put on. Complaining about not getting big fights when you put on those shiz fest is unreal
    -was high on najera, but after getting knocked out by Beltran and previously by Robert Garcia's fighter? What does that say about Félix verdejos fight against him
    -trout looks like he's heading to gate keeper status if he's not already there
    -the Charlo who beat trout is a good fighter but it would be in his best interest to stay at 154 as long as he can.... please j-rock next!
    - the other Charlo is a decent fighter as well not sure he beats Lara tho
    You obviously missed a load of great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
      You obviously missed a load of great fights.
      It was busy weekend looking forward to seeing the one everybody is calling "foty" so far..that one on your sig ...will watch on YouTube tonight

Comment

It was busy weekend looking forward to seeing the one everybody is calling "foty" so far..that one on your sig ...will watch on YouTube tonight
        I hope you enjoy it. It was a great fight, and more proof that the Cruiserweight division is the most exciting in boxing ATM.

Comment

I enjoyed the Lara fight, but of course I enjoy boxing. I don't always need a slugfest to feel interested.

Jermall Charlo can't make adjustments for crap. Dude kept getting hit with the same combo from Trout all night. The weird thing is I saw him throw a few right uppercuts(when in close) but he would not throw a counter right uppercut when Trout kept coming in and going to the body. Trout was open for it all night and Jermall did nothing.

Jermell couldn't cut the ring off if his life depended on it. He also seems as if he does't know how to fight going forward, he needs his opponent to be the aggressor.

Good fights this weekend though. Gonna watch that cruiserweight fight that I missed here in a little bit.

Comment

Is it me or does every Lara fight look exactly the same? He either wins 7-5 or 8-4 in boring fashion, throwing a 1-2 then running around for 20 seconds before throwing the same 1-2. Guy doesn't go to the body or throw any other punches ever....once his legs go, he's gonna be in huge trouble...

Jermall got a tough win against trout, he's not overly impressive but he's way better than Jermell who was getting throughly outsized before that big shot. The most impressive thing was the judges were actually scoring the fight the right way up to that point!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              Is it me or does every Lara fight look exactly the same? He either wins 7-5 or 8-4 in boring fashion, throwing a 1-2 then running around for 20 seconds before throwing the same 1-2. Guy doesn't go to the body or throw any other punches ever....once his legs go, he's gonna be in huge...
              No, it's not you. You're far from alone. I see exactly the same thing. Can't stand to watch Lara fight anymore. He's tough to beat; he's clearly a top guy; but he's lost me as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                No, it's not you. You're far from alone. I see exactly the same thing. Can't stand to watch Lara fight anymore. He's tough to beat; he's clearly a top guy; but he's lost me as a fan.
                these guys dont seem to understand maybe if you want to increase your value in the sport maybe just maybe you should be alittle more agressive in the ring

Comment

these guys dont seem to understand maybe if you want to increase your value in the sport maybe just maybe you should be alittle more agressive in the ring
                  Yeah, man. I mean, I've got a built-in desire to see this guy win. I even appreciate good boxing -- hit, don't get hit, all that. But I can't tolerate the monotony, and the utter disinterest in putting on a crowd pleasing effort. It cost Lara versus Canelo, and I have no sympathy for him.

Comment

Lara is definitely a good fighter and seems to know exactly where he is in the fight. Meaning, ahead or behind on the scores .... but I think he cuts it too close and he should be doing more especially when he is the main event of the evening.

Coasting is not something I like in a fighter. Especially when he seems to always do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X